More Categories in Optical Center
- Prescription Eyewear
- Adult Frames
- Youth Frames
- Elton John Eyewear
- Contact Solution & Eye Drops
- Eyeglass Accessories
- Reading Glasses & Blue Light Glasses
Eyewear and Eye Products Buying Guide
Are you looking for the best eyewear and eye products to meet your needs? Then you'll like what you'll see here. Sam's Club offers great deals on a wide collection of high-quality options, including contact lenses, reading glasses, eye health supplements and sunglasses. Plus, we offer eye exams with our in-store optometrists if you want to buy your first pair or replace your current eyewear or contacts.
So lean in a little closer - or lean back, if that helps you see better - as we go into detail about all the ins and outs of how to buy eyewear and eye products, where to find them, and what to consider before buying them.
What is Eyewear?
Eyewear is the broad term encompassing every accessory people wear in or around their eyes to be fashionable, for help with seeing up close or far away objects, or to protect against the sun or the glare of a computer screen. Common eyewear products include glasses, reading glasses, sunglasses and so forth.
At Sam's Club, the two main types of eyewear products we carry are:
What Different Types of Eyewear and Eye Products Are There?
When you're shopping, here are the main categories of eye products and eyewear you are likely to come across in your search:
Sam's Club provides a broad selection of designer reading glasses and frames to fit with your doctor's prescription. Choose from lightweight reading glasses made of plastic or durable frames crafted of metal.
If you're planning to spend a lot of time outdoors, a pair of sunglasses may be in order. Sam's Club features a tidy selection of sunglasses with polarized shades in various designs.
Contacts or contact lenses
- Soft contact lenses: These are more comfortable, making them a popular pick for many shoppers.
- Hard contact lenses: These are helpful to those who are prone to allergies.
- Colored contact lenses: For those looking to switch up your eye color, these may be available in your favorite shade and in your prescription.
Contact solution is necessary for the daily care for your contacts.
Eye drops and vision supplements
Supplements complement your daily diet to address eye discomfort and boost eye health. If you plan to buy supplements or eye drops, always check the ingredient list. While most eye supplements typically contain vitamins and minerals, some brands may include ingredients that you may be sensitive to.
Consult with your physician if you have any questions or doubts. Whatever your needs, you're in the right place.
What Are the Best Eyewear and Eye Products?
Your eyes deserve only the best. Here are some top-reviewed eye products by category:
Best reading glasses brands
For those looking for popular readers, our bestsellers include:
- I.Image Women's Plastic 4-Pack Reading Glasses
- I.Image Men's Plastic 4-Pack Reading Glasses
- I.Image Women's Metal 2-Pack Sunglass Readers
- I.Image Men's Plastic 2-Pack Sunglass Readers
From the top products of 2019 as recommended by VeryWellHealth, here are some popular contact lenses:
- Bausch & Lomb ULTRA
- Alcon Dailies Total1
- Alcon Air Optix Aqua Multifocal
Best eye drops
Try around and see what works best for you is the advice of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO). While there are many types of eye drops to choose from, there's not a single product that will work for all types of eye problems. Given that, it may take a few tries to find the right one for your specific needs.
Best contact solution
For finding the best solution for your contact lenses, the AAO says talk to your eye doctor about these things to determine which contact solution to try:
- The type of lens you use
- Whether or not you have allergies
- Whether your eyes tend to form protein deposits or not
Best vision supplements:
Experts recommend talking with your doctor before taking any supplements to help with overall eye health.
Eye supplements may only be beneficial for people who are experiencing vision loss, such as age-related macular degeneration, according to reporting on eye supplements conducted by ABC News.
That said, health websites like WebMD and Healthline suggest people shopping for vision supplements seek products containing the following nutrients:
- Vitamins A, B1, C and E
- Folic acid
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids
Some other things to remember as you browse your options:
- Look for organic supplements
- Buy products that won't expire soon
When shopping for UV-protection lenses, here are some of the product specifications you should look for, according to the AAO. Lenses should:
- Block over 98 percent of ultraviolet rays (UV)
- Be ground and polished to protect your eyes
- Resist impact to avoid scratches
- Be polarized to reduce glare, especially useful when behind the wheel
Get an eye exam
In the end, regardless of which type of eyewear you prefer or which products are recommended, it's advised to consider having an eye exam before making a decision - particularly for products that require a prescription or can impact your overall eye health.
For glasses and contacts, your doctor can conduct tests to determine the right fit, and then she or he can provide a prescription that will help guide your search. For other items, such as eye drops or contact solution, your doctor can also make recommendations that make sense for you.
Where can you buy the best eyewear and eye products?
At Sam's Club, we carry high-quality eyeglasses, sunglasses and eye care products from brands you know and love. Plus, we offer members-only pricing on select items. And we're always adding new arrivals.
What Sizes of Eyewear Can I Choose?
Finding the right shape (such as oval, round, cateye, rectangular and square) and size of eyeglasses or sunglasses frame will depend on your face shape and size.
What to Consider When Buying Eyewear and Eye Products
Here are things to consider as you shop for new reading glasses or sunglasses:
- Style: Do I want men's or women's frames?
- Shape/size: Try on a few pairs and find the frame shape that flatters your face shape
- Designer: Are you interested in a certain type of frame designer? Michael Kors and Chloe are two very popular brands that Sam's Club carries.
- Insurance coverage: What does your insurance or vision plan cover?
- Cost: What price range is in your budget?
What Brands of Eyewear and Eye Products Does Sam's Club Sell?
You can find a variety of eyewear and eye products at Sam's Club from the following popular and trusted brands:
- Clear Eyes
- Michael Kors
FAQ - Eyewear and Eye Products
Are contacts covered by insurance?
Certain types of contact lenses (up to a given amount) are usually covered by most vision insurance plans. Check with your insurance provider or plan administrator to confirm your specific coverage.
Are sunglasses covered by insurance?
Reading glasses with UV protection (aka reading sunglasses) may be covered by certain vision plans. As always, confirm your specific benefits with your insurance provider or plan administrator.
Does Sam's Club have in-store optical centers?
Yes, we offer both optical and hearing solution centers at many of our stores. We also carry ready-to-wear or ready-to-use items to help you to see or hear without the need of a prescription, saving you an extra trip to the doctor. This includes reading and computer glasses, as well as personal sound amplifiers that you can begin using right away.
Can I get an eye exam at Sam's Club?
Yes, we have optical centers at many Sam's Club locations and members and non-members can make appointments to be seen by our doctors of optometry. To schedule an eye exam:
- Please contact the optometrist at your local Sam's Club.
- If you don't have the doctor's number, contact your club's optical center. Here's where you can find your club and contact information. Next, select your club and locate the Optical Center phone number under the Contacts heading.