About Our Ads
Some websites where we advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites; these ads include advertising for Sam's Club. Sam's Club only advertises with networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). Other websites where you see our ads, such as Facebook, may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites, as well as registration and other information about you, to choose which ads to display to you.
How to Opt Out
To opt out of interest-based advertising from Sam's Club, use the following mechanisms:
- Opt out using Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). To opt out of interest-based advertising on our websites or on other websites that are part of NAI networks, click here. You can choose to opt out of specific or all NAI participating companies. To opt out as broadly as possible from interest-based advertising, use the "Choose All Companies" feature. This will stop all interest based advertising from currently participating NAI companies. Visit the NAI's website to learn more about options related to interest-based advertising.
- Opt out through website specific mechanisms. Some websites, such as Facebook, offer their own opt out methods. Please refer to the website that you are visiting for additional information. Commonly used methods include clickingon the Ad Choices icon (please see http://www.youradchoices.com/) or changing your preferences for advertising after you have logged into the website.
- Browser-based opt outs. Some internet browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) offer their own opt-outs for interest-based advertising. The ad networks and ad service providers we participate with may not recognize these opt-outs. To help ensure you do not receive Sam's Club interest-based advertising, follow the instructions above under (1) and (2).
- Mobile opt outs. Mobile devices offer their own opt-outs for interest-based advertising. Please refer to your device settings and instructions for additional information.
- If you choose to opt out of interest-based advertising, you will continue to see ads on our websites and other sites, but they will not be based on how you browse or shop at Sam's Club.
- To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser's instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them).
- Opting out only applies to your current web browser on your current computer. If you use multiple computers or multiple web browsers, you must opt out on each one.
- Once you opt out, if you delete your browser's saved cookies, you will need to opt out again.