Quaker Old Fashioned Oats (5 lb., 2 pk.)
About this item
- Made with heart healthy*, 100% whole grain Quaker Oats.
- Helps keep you full through the morning
- Sodium-free food
- Can be used as a healthy and tasty ingredient to many recipes
A hearty hot bowl of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats goes great with everything—try topping with fresh or dried fruits or crunchy nuts. Even better, the goodness doesn't stop with the taste; Quaker Oats is 100% whole grains which may help reduce the risk of heart disease.* * Three grams of soluble fiber from oatmeal daily in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce this risk of heart disease. This cereal has two grams per serving.
Click here to learn more and discover new recipes!
Favorite Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
What's better than getting an extra fiber boost from oats in your pancakes? Customizing them to your liking with sweet stir-ins.
Brought to you by: Quaker
Prep time: N/A | Cook time: N/A | Servings: 12
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- For blueberry pancakes: 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
- For banana pancakes: 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For apple cinnamon pancakes: 3/4 cup finely chopped apple, 1/4 cup chopped nuts and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For chocolate chip pancakes: 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In separate medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil; blend well. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not over mix).
- Add one of the stir-in options, if desired; mix gently.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F).
- Lightly grease skillet. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet.
- Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn only once.
- Serve & enjoy!