McAfee Total Protection 2013 3U PC Security Software
About this itemUltimate, award-winning PC and online security for total peace of mind.
People want to enjoy the benefits of connecting, surfing, and shopping online and don’t want to think about security risks. At McAfee, we live and breathe digital security, relentlessly working to stay several steps ahead of the bad guys. Every second of every day, we focus on one thing: keeping your digital life safe, so that you can surf, shop, and socialize online with confidence.
Fend Off Viruses and Malware
- NEW High-performance scanning engine— We built our next-generation scanning engine to guard your PC from the latest viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, and other threats, all without seriously compromising battery life or slowing your PC down.
- ENHANCED Safe searching and shopping— With color-coded icons next to every search result, including popular social networking sites, you’ll know if the site you’re about to visit is safe.
- ENHANCED Digital data message— Including the location of the blocked IP address and what makes the connection unsafe.
- NEW Home screen—Got a touch-friendly device? Our new home screen is built with your fingers in mind. And it still works great with a track pad or mouse, so navigating to common security tasks is a breeze—on any device.
- ENHANCED Security reports—We’ve redesigned the security report to bring you the information you need in visually interesting ways. The new report includes relevant images and links for an easier-to-understand snapshot of what’s going on in the world of security.
- NEW Vulnerability scanner—If your OS and programs are out of date, you could be vulnerable to threats. The new vulnerability scanner checks your PC for missing updates, and then recommends solutions to keep you safe.
- NEW Malicious ads and popup protection— Websites don’t always have control over the ads they display. Sometimes, you might find a risky ad on a site you trust every day. McAfee automatically blocks suspect malicious ads to keep you protected.
- ENHANCED Antispam—All those unwanted emails aren’t just annoying. They’re dangerous. We’ll filter out all the shady stuff to keep you and your inbox protected. And the antispam engine integrates with new technology to make sure the right emails are making it into your inbox.
- ENHANCED Parental controls—Worried about your kids seeing stuff they shouldn’t? Parental controls let you block inappropriate sites with age- based rules and adjustable categories. You can even limit the amount of time they spend online, and print reports for every user you’ve set up.
- Surfing report—Find out what your kids have been up to online through the surfing report. You’ll know when they log in, any attempts to access forbidden sites, and how much time they’ve spent online.
- Encrypted storage—PC stands for “personal computer.” And we believe everything on your PC should stay personal. That’s why McAfee Total Protection™ software includes file and folder protection that encrypts your files in a secure digital vault on your PC and blocks others from accessing them.
- Wireless network protection—Unprotected Wi-Fi is like an open door for cyberthieves. McAfee Home Network Defense keeps it locked by protecting your passwords and personal files on your PC when you share your wireless network.
- Anti-phishing software—Identity theft is on the rise. McAfee® SiteAdvisor® LIVE technology steers you clear of dangerous sites by actively blocking phishing links you might receive through email, IM, and social networks.
- Safe URL sharing—It’s easy to share photos and stories on your favorite social networks. And it’s also just as easy to share dangerous stuff. McAfee Total Protection software includes tools for safely sharing URLs with friends, so you can stay safe even if your favorite social network gets hacked.
- URL shortener—Worried about tweeting dangerous stuff by accident? The new integrated URL shortening tool lets you spread the news safely through updates and tweets that are short and sweet.
- Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit), Windows Vista SP1 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- 512 MB RAM for XP
- 2 GB RAM for Vista and Windows 7
- 500 MB free drive space
- 1 GHz processor
- High-speed connection recommended
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- Firefox 4.0 or later
- Google Chrome
- POP3—Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Outlook, Netscape, IncrediMail, Thunderbird, Becky, Shuriken
- Web—MSN/Hotmail or email account with POP3 access
- Windows Mail or Outlook
- Express 6.0
- Outlook XP
- Thunderbird 5.0
- McAfee Anti-Spam also supports other POP3 email clients (without SSL) and web accounts
- AOL Instant Messenger 2.1
- Yahoo Messenger 4.1
- Microsoft Windows
- Messenger 3.6
- MSN Messenger 6.0