About this item
- Creamy, tender, salty and buttery
- Starchy with low moisture content
- Perfect for New York's favorite summertime dish
- Regional dish of Syracuse, NY
- A staple food at fairs and barbecues
- Mostly served during the summer months
These potatoes are starchy with low moisture content and are perfect for New York's favorite summertime dish. The New York recipe calls for one pound of salt, four pounds of potatoes and water to cover. As the potatoes boil, the salty water forms a crust on the potato skin, sealing the potatoes and producing creamy, fluffy baked potatoes.