About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Distinctive Tuscan bouquet offers notes of violet, cherry and plum
- A well-defined structure and a generous, fruity core accented by hints of chocolate and cinnamon
- Full bodied and well balanced; has round, impressive tannins that lead to a lengthy finish
- Food pairing: pasta Bolognese, wild boar ragu, eggplant Parmesan, grilled ribeye and roasted vegetables
- Varietals: 80% sangiovese, 20% cabernet sauvignon and merlot
Ruffino starts by harvesting the grapes by hand, mostly from their Gretole estate in the Chianti Classico appellation. The vineyard lots are vinified individually to preserve their specificity to the land. Then the wine is aged in oak, stainless steel and concrete vats for 36 months – 12 months longer than required by Italian law. The wine then spends additional months in bottle before release. This wine is produced only in outstanding vintages. If the grapes don't meet the winemaker's exacting standards, the wine will not be made.