About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Varietals: 70% Sangiovese, 30% Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Color: ruby red with violet hues
- Aroma: fruity notes of fresh red and black fruits
- Well-structured, medium-bodied with elegant tannins and a lingering finish
- Rich flavors of plums, cherries and blueberries plus hints of black pepper and spice
Harvest: Chianti Superiore is created by carefully selecting the best grapes during harvest. The harvest began in the first week of September with Merlot and ended the second week of October with Sangiovese. The wine underwent 7 days of fermentation in stainless-steel tanks at a temperature of 81°F (27°C) followed by 14 days on the skins to ensure full extraction of color and flavors. Chianti Superiore is aged for approximately 6 months in stainless-steel vats and then further aged in bottle.