Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG (1.5 L)
About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Varietals: 80% Sangiovese, 20% Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Aroma: cherry and violet notes with delicate hints of tobacco, white pepper, and a touch of flint
- Flavors: well balanced with velvety tannins, firm acidity
- Finish: lingering of rosemary
- Structure allows it to age for at least 2-5 years
Riserva Ducale Chianti Classico Riserva began with a careful selection of the best grapes in the traditional Chianti Classico production region during harvest. Fermentation, aided by racking and punching down, took place in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats for 10 days, followed by another 10 days of maceration on the skins. The wine underwent secondary malolactic fermentation to enhance its velvety texture, then was aged for 24 months in oak, stainless steel and concrete vats. The Riserva Ducale spent an additional three months in bottle before release.