Rotella T4 Triple Protection 15W40 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil (6-pack / 1 gallon bottles)
- $15 off with Instant Savings
- Offer ends July 15
- Instant Savings is subject to availability, valid dates, and a limit of 5 items per member. Additional purchases may be made at full retail price, unless otherwise restricted. See <a href="#IS_disclaimer">program details</a>.
- Member price $80.88
- $ 65 88
- $10.98 ea
- Free shipping
- Enter ZIP Code for shipping options
- Estimate arrival
- Free Pickup
Why we love this
Versatile, without compromise. For hard-working trucks, tractors, diesel vehicles, and motorcycles, it’s the standard in heavy-duty engine oil.
About this item
- Heavy-duty diesel engine oil
- Protects against corrosion as fuel burns and oil ages
- Keeps engine clean for optimum performance
- Helps keep moving metal engine surfaces apart for long life
- Used in heavy duty trucks, diesel engines, farm equipment, tractor trailers and motorcycles
Shell Rotella T-Triple Protection Heavy-Duty Engine Oil provides triple action to help control wear, deposits and emissions to continuously adapt to the needs of your engine for protection in on- and off-highway applications. It meets or exceeds API CJ-4 requirements, and is designed to provide extra performance. Shell Rotella performs well in both older and new engines.
BENEFITS, SPECIFICATIONS AND APPROVALS
- Up to 38% lower iron wear in over 40 million miles of on- and off-road testing in late-model engines
- Up to 22% less iron wear than Shell Rotella T3 SAE 15W-40
- On average 50%+ lower wear in seven key industry tests
- 30% increase in active ashless chemistry to protect against deposits and sludge
- Designed to optimize after-treatment service life in systems on 2007-and-newer trucks.
SHELL ROTELLA T TRIPLE PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY
Shell Rotella T Triple Protection Technology builds on the traditional strengths of wear protection and engine cleanliness in Shell Rotella Heavy-Duty Engine Oils but it also protects diesel particulate filters (DPFs) against buildup of harmful deposits. And it provides outstanding viscosity control with exceptional product durability. This technology has been proven in over 50 million miles of durability testing.
PROTECTION AGAINST WEAR
Proven in the lab—Shell Rotella T-Triple Protection Heavy-Duty Engine Oils provide on average 50% lower wear in industry-recognized engine tests. In seven out of seven tests designed to measure wear in six key areas of the engine, there was significantly improved wear protection (see chart). Maximum wear merits demonstrated in Cummins ISM engine test(1400 out of 1400). *Range of 27% - 88%
PROTECTION AGAINST DEPOSITS
The performance benefits of the unique combination of dispersants and detergents, boosted by the use of the dual function additive component, are seen in enhanced engine cleanliness and viscosity control compared to previous generation oils (API CI-4 PLUS). Deposit and sludge control: Our formula contains more dispersant molecules to control sludge and more antioxidant molecules to control deposits, as demonstrated in the laboratory and in the field. Piston cleanliness: Our Triple Protection technology features a unique, exclusive detergent system, specifically designed to control piston deposits in the hotter environments of late model engines, as well as provide exceptional piston cleanliness in older engines. Improved cleanliness: In the Caterpillar 1R engine test, Shell Rotella T Triple Protection shows clear visible improvements compared to previous-generation oils.
PROTECTION AGAINST EMISSIONS
Shell Rotella T-Triple Protection helps control vehicle emissions in two ways: by reducing the rate of lubricant-related DPF blockage compared to API CI-4 PLUS oils, and by virtue of the improved wear and exceptional cleanliness, helping engines maintain efficient combustion. Minimizing DPF blockage also helps maintain fuel economy, thus further helping control exhaust-gas emissions.
- Heavy-duty diesel engine oil
- Six-pack of one-gallon bottles
- Use for old and new engines
- Meets or exceeds API CJ-4 requirements
- CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4, CF, SM, SL, SJ, SH
- ACEA E9, E7
- JASO DH-2, MA
- Caterpillar ECF-1A, ECF-2, ECF-3
- Cummins CES 20081
- DDC 93K218
- Deutz DQC III-05
- MACK EO-O Premium Plus
- Ford WSS M2C171-E
- MAN 3275
- MB Approval 228.31
- MTU Category 2
- Renault Trucks RLD-3
- Volvo VDS-4
Member reviews & questions
Ask & Answer
Policies & plans
Standard - 2 to 6 business days
- Delivery is not available in AK, HI or Puerto Rico.
This product is covered by the Sam's Club Member Satisfaction Guarantee.