About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Varietals: Petite Sirah, Carignane, Zinfandel, Syrah, Alicante Bouschet, Barbera
- Flavors: blackberry, black cherry, baking spices
- Finish: smooth, satisfying
- Full bodied with firm, but fine, tannins
- Aging: 10 months in French oak barrels, 40% new
The fruit for Ravenswood Besieged Red is primarily sourced from premium Sonoma County vineyards in: the Alexander Valley with its warm, gravelly soils; Dry Creek Valley with its stone-strewn soils and one of the longest wine-growing histories in California; the Sonoma Valley where it's cooled by north-south winds, a rarity in North Coast growing regions; the Russian River Valley where Pacific fog can drop temperatures 35-40 degrees in the evening; Knights Valley with remote vineyards embraced by Mount St. Helena; Sonoma Mountain known for its high-altitude, steep-sloped vineyards with well-drained soil.