Sam's Club Satisfaction Guarantee Terms and Conditions
Sam's Club is committed to offering quality products and services at an exceptional value. Our goal is to ensure that our products and services meet or exceed your expectations on quality and performance and that you're satisfied with your Sam's Club membership. We do this through Sam's Club's 100% Membership Satisfaction Guarantee and 100% Merchandise Satisfaction Guarantee programs ("Guarantee Programs") available exclusively to current active members only. These Terms and Conditions ("Satisfaction Guarantee Terms and Conditions") explain the Guarantee Programs and set forth Sam's Club's return, exchange, and refund policies. No other agreement or guarantee will remove or waive the limitations and conditions for set forth in these Terms and Conditions. Any statements to the contrary are null and void unless agreed to in writing by an authorized officer of Sam's Club. Sam's Club reserves the right to discontinue any guarantee program or to update or modify these Terms and Conditions without notice to you.
Sam's Club shoppers are also subject to Membership Terms and Conditions and the policies and terms of other applicable Sam's Club programs, services, and promotions, all of which may change without notice.
II. General Terms
Sam's Club may limit or refuse requests for exchanges or refunds in the event of fraud, abuse of privileges, or violations of these Satisfaction Guarantee Terms and Conditions, as determined in Sam's Club's sole discretion.
These Satisfaction Guarantee Terms and Conditions do not affect any manufacturer's warranty or requirements, limitations, or restrictions, which may vary by product. They also do not change any Member Services Benefits or Protection Plans. See specific Member Services Benefits information or Protection Plan information for details.
II. 100% Membership Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time a member is unsatisfied with your Membership, let us know and we will cancel your membership and provide a refund of the amount paid for your current year Membership fee.
IV. 100% Merchandise Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with the merchandise you purchased from Sam's Club, whether in-Club or online, we'll replace it or provide a refund in most cases. Some products have different policies, requirements and restrictions associated with them.
A. General Requirements and Restrictions
- In-Club Purchases. Purchases made at any Sam's Club location in the U.S. may be returned to any Sam's Club location in the U.S.
Online Purchases. Most purchases made on SamsClub.com may be returned to any Sam's Club location in the U.S., through SamsClub.com or by calling the Member Service Center at 888-746-7726. Exceptions will be noted on the products item page and during the SamsClub.com checkout process.
- SamsClub.com. To request a return through SamsClub.com, login and go to "My Account" then "Order History".
- Member Service Center. To request a return by calling the Member Service Center at 888.746.7726, follow the prompts for "SamsClub.com" and "returns". Please have your order number available.
- Membership Card or Photo ID. You may be required to present your membership card and/or valid photo identification.
- Receipts. We prefer that you provide your original receipt or printed order, but if it is not available, we will do our best to process your return without it.
- Product/Order Contents. You may be required to return the product with all product/order contents including packaging (boxes, manuals, warranty cards, etc.), parts, accessories, etc. This includes any promotional gifts, gift/shopping cards provided with the purchase. Sam's Club reserves the right to deny the refund in full or provide a partial refund if only part of the purchase is returned.
- Number of Returns and Time Period. Sam's Club reserves the right to limit the number of returns and limit returns to items returned within a reasonable time period after purchase, as determined in Sam's Club's sole discretion.
- Tender Type. Certain restrictions and limitations may apply regarding the tender type (cash, credit, etc.) of the refund or credit.
- Purchases Returned to a Sam's Club Location. You will receive credit to the account that was charged at the time of purchase if at all possible. Otherwise, we may provide your refund on a Sam's shopping card.
- Online Purchases Returned via SamsClub.com. You will receive credit to the account that was charged at the time of purchase for merchandise returned through the SamsClub.com process and this may take several weeks due to return shipping and processing time.
- Purchases via Government Funded Assistance Programs. Certain limitations and restrictions may apply to purchases using certain government funded assistance programs, including but not limited to, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and WIC (Women, Infants and Children). Returns for items purchased under these programs must follow program requirements set forth by the government regulatory agency and applicable law. You may be required to exchange for the exact item being returned. All EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) refunds must be applied to the member's EBT card.
- Tax. Tax refunds are governed by local laws and may vary by location.
- Instant Savings/Promotions. If a purchase was made using Instant Savings or other promotions, refunds or credits will be calculated based on the price minus the Instant Savings amount or other promotional savings.
- Shipping/Delivery Charges. Shipping and delivery charges will be refunded or credited only if the return is a result of an error by Sam's Club or damaged during shipping.
B. Specific Products/Purchases.
- Adult Beverages (Wine, Beer and Spirits). Returns of adult beverages are governed by local laws and may vary by location. Please contact your local club for more information.
- Auction Program Purchases. Purchases made through SamsClub.com Auctions Program may be returned within 30 days of purchase by contacting the Member Service Center at 888.746.7726 and receiving approval and return instructions from a Member Service Representative. These purchases cannot be returned to a local Sam's Club location or through SamsClub.com. Additional Auction Terms and Conditions may apply.
- Automotive Batteries and Tires. Return requests for automotive batteries and tires should be made to the Tire and Battery Center in Sam's Club. For more information regarding warranties, refer to the information provided at the time or purchase or contact your club manager.
- Bulk/Volume Purchases via SamsClub.com. A single order of fifty (50) units or more of the same item within a 24 hour period; multiple orders of fifty (50) units or more of the same item within a 24 hour period; orders of two or more units that exceed $10,000; or five hundred (500) orders within a rolling twelve (12) month period are considered "Volume Purchases". Volume Purchases cannot be returned, except in the case of manufacturer defects or damage. All damages must be submitted with photos to samsbulk@SamsClub.com within 72 hours after delivery. Sam's members who request orders to ship into a third party facility or to a freight forwarder are responsible for auditing and ensuring their orders arrive complete and free of damage.
- Cell Phones/Connected Devices. Mobile phones, tablets, other carrier connectable devices and similar consumer electronics must be returned within fourteen (14) days of purchase to the location where originally purchased. Details are in the contract you signed at the time of purchase.
- Cigarettes and Tobacco. Returns of cigarettes or tobacco may require supplier representative approval due to promotional incentives or previous agreements and must be returned to the Tobacco Center in the location where originally purchased.
- Computers, Laptops, Tablets. Computers, laptops and tablets must be returned within ninety (90) days of purchase.
- Custom or Personalized Purchases. Returns of custom or personalized items may not be returned.
- Other Electronic Items. All electronic items, such as televisions, computers, and cameras, which are not otherwise referenced in this section, must be returned within ninety (90) days of purchase. We understand that electronic items can be complex so Sam's Club Members receive free technical assistance for electronic items purchased at Sam's Club. Simply call Tech Experts at 877.758.4346.
- Contact Lenses Purchased Online. Contact lenses are subject to the return requirements detailed at http://www.samsclubcontacts.com/returns.asp.
- Eyeglasses and Contact Lenses Purchased in Clubs. Prescription eyewear must be returned to the Optical Center where originally purchased.
- Games and Software. Opened electronic games and software are only eligible for exchange of an identical product and only within 90 days of purchase.
- Gift Cards, Shopping Cards, and Pre-paid Cards. Gift cards, shopping cards and pre-paid cards are not returnable after purchase except due to manufacturer defects or as required by law.
- Golf Carts. Golf carts must be returned within thirty (30) days of purchase.
- Hearing Aids. Hearing Aids must be returned to the Hearing Aid Center where originally purchased.
- Jewelry & Watches. Jewelry and watches must be returned to the Jewelry Counter.
- Movies and Music. Defective opened pre-recorded movies and music are eligible for exchange of identical product only within 90 days of purchase.
- Prescriptions. May not be returnable, please see a pharmacist at the Pharmacy where originally purchased for more information.
- Televisions. Televisions must be returned within ninety (90) days of purchase.
- Tickets. Tickets are not returnable after purchase.
- Wholesale Trading Purchases. Purchases made via the Sam's Club Wholesale Trading Program are not returnable.