About this item
- Traditional European-inspired cereal
- Made from a blend of whole grains, nuts, seeds and dried fruit
- Terrific topped with milk as cold cereal, cooked on the stovetop or heated in the microwave
- Soak overnight in yogurt or milk for a softer texture or enjoy straight out of the bag
- Enjoy it the traditional Swiss way: mixed with yogurt and grated apple and soak overnight
Muesli was invented over a century ago by Swiss doctor Maximilian Bircher-Benner, a man who was way ahead of his time when it came to understanding the health benefits of whole grains. He knew that good food was the best medicine, so he created a blend of hearty whole grains, fruit and nuts to nourish his patients. Inspired by Dr. Bircher-Benner’s creation, Bob’s Red Mill Old County Style Muesli is made with a combination of five flavorful rolled whole grains—oats, wheat, barley, rye and triticale. Dates and raisins add sweetness; sunflower seeds, almond slices and walnut pieces add crunch; and flaxseed meal gives an extra nutritional boost. For a wholesome breakfast, eat muesli as a cold cereal with milk or yogurt. For a hearty hot meal, cook muesli on the stovetop like oatmeal.