About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Color: deep, dark ruby red
- Aromas: baked fruit, plums and cherries
- Flavor: fruity with hints of coffee and cocoa; exceptionally well balanced
- Serving temperature: 64.4-68°F
- Food pairing: an after-dinner wine, red meat, game, quails, richly flavored dishes, well-aged cheeses such as parmesan, pecorino and gorgonzola
Proud, majestic, complex and exuberant: this is Masi’s gentle giant. It's a benchmark for the Amarone category, which, together with Barolo and Brunello, makes up the aristocracy of the Italian wine world. It's the result of Masi’s unrivalled expertise in the appassimento technique, whereby traditional grapes for the Valpolicella Classica area – Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara – are laid out on bamboo racks to concentrate their aromas during the winter months.