About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Varietals: 60% Corvina, 30% Molinara, 10% Rondinella
- Scents of dried fruit, almonds, with a hint of anise
- Rich flavors; long, smooth finish and lingering aftertaste
- Pair with beef or pork roasts, seasonal cheeses
- Serving temperature: 61-64°F
The name Capitel de Roari refers to the various plots of vineyards where grapes are obtained for the Amarone della Valpolicella Classico. The vineyards, situated on the finest hills of the Valpolicella Classica, are well cultivated, limited in production and high in quality. The land, rich in clay, and the sun are key elements that encourage the accumulation of sugar and flavor within. The grapes are picked in bunches during the month of October, and placed on mats to dry until March. The wine is then placed in steel basins until July or August. It is then aged for three years, partly in oak barrels and partly in French barriques.