LifeStraw Steel Personal Water Filter
- $ 54 98 54.98
- Free shipping
- Enter ZIP Code for shipping options
- Estimated arrival
Why we love this
Drink up! LifeStraw reliably gets rid of 99.9999% of all unwanted stuff in your water, so you can drink and use clean water during camping or emergencies.
About this item
- Safe drinking water on the go, anywhere, anytime
- Award-winning 2-stage filtration
- Food-grade stainless steel
- Sleek design
- 2 extra carbon filters included
What LifeStraw Steel removes/filters:
LifeStraw Steel filters down to an incredible, 0.2 microns in size! This removes virtually all the bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%) from contaminated water, and reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering out suspended particles. The replaceable carbon filter reduces chlorine and organic matter as well as improves taste and odor of the water source.
Bacteria and protozoa removed include:
Escherichia coli, Campylobacter, Vibrio cholerae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Shigella, Salmonella, Giardia lamblia ("Beaver Fever"), Cryptosporidium Parvum, Entamoeba histolytica.
The Science Behind LifeStraw:
Backed by serious research in our international labs and extensive testing in the field, LifeStraw and LifeStraw Family have been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions. The same high-tech design used in places like Haiti, Indonesia, South Africa, Kenya, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Pakistan and Bangladesh is now available in the USA and Canada.
LifeStraw is manufactured by Vestergaard-Frandsen, a Swiss company specializing in disease control products for developing countries. Their core business model is centered around corporate social responsibility and helping countries reach their United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals with products designed to prevent vector and water-borne diseases.
- 1 LifeStraw Steel Personal Water Filter
- 2 extra carbon replacement filters
- Filters up to 264 gallons (1,000 liters) of water (main filter)
- Carbon filters filter up to 26 gallons before replacing
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces chlorine
- Reduces bad odor and taste
- Reduces organic chemical matter (pesticides, herbicides, VOC)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA free)
- No aftertaste (no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Requires no batteries and has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate
- Easy to clean and maintain with no shelf life - can be stored indefinitely
- Replaceable activated carbon capsule
- Made from food-grade stainless steel
- Meets US FDA regulations and standards
- Surpasses US EPA drinking standards
- 9" L x 1" W
- 4.4 oz.