LifeStraw Personal Water Filter (3 Pack)
- $ 49 98 49.98
- Free shipping
- Enter ZIP Code for shipping options
- Estimated arrival
Why we love this
Whether camping in rugged conditions or during an emergency, this award-winning water filter keeps water safe and consumable–from virtually any source.
About this item
- Quality drinking water anytime, anywhere
- "Best Invention of the Year" Time magazine winner
- Each LifeStraw filters up to 264 gallons (1,000 liters)
- Compact and lightweight (2 oz.)
LifeStraw is the most advanced personal water filter available today. LifeStraw surpasses EPA guidelines and rigorous standards for water for E. coli, Giardia and Cryptosporidium cysts filtration.
How LifeStraw Personal Works:
The patented LifeStraw is a small tube with specialized filters inside. Place one end in unfiltered water (a glass, water bottle, river, or puddle), and suck the resulting clean water up through the mouthpiece. Anyone who can use a drinking straw can easily use a LifeStraw.
Before use, uncap the LifeStraw and hold it upright in water for a minute. This allows the water to creep up the filter membrane. Then do five quick sucks and the water will flow easily. When drinking from muddy water, you may have to blow back down into it to purge out the turbidity if the flow slows or stops.
What LifeStraw removes/filters:
LifeStraw filters down to an incredible, 0.2 microns in size. This removes virtually all the bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%) from contaminated water, and reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering out suspended particles.
Bacteria & Protozoa removed include:
Escherichia coli, Campylobacter, Vibrio cholerae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Shigella, Salmonella, Protozoa removed include: Giardia lamblia ("Beaver Fever"), Cryptosporidium Parvum
The Science Behind LifeStraw:
Backed by serious research in our international labs and extensive testing in the field, LifeStraw and LifeStraw Family have been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions.
The same high-tech design used in places like Haiti, Indonesia, South Africa, Kenya, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Pakistan and Bangladesh is now available in the USA and Canada.
LifeStraw is manufactured by Vestergaard-Frandsen, a Swiss company specializing in disease control products for developing countries. Their core business model is centered around corporate social responsibility, and helping countries reach their United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals with products designed to prevent vector and water-borne diseases.
- Filters up to 264 gallons (1,000 liters) of water
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA free)
- Uses no iodine or iodinized resin
- Requires no batteries, and has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate with no after taste
- Easy to clean and maintain with no shelf life, can be stored indefinitely
- Surpasses US EPA drinking standards
- Length: 9 inches
- Width: 1 inch
- Capacity: Filters up to 264 gallons (1,000 liters) of water (Tested up to 1,600 liters)
- Comes with a lanyard and a cap for the mouthpiece and end piece