Lost Planet 2 - PS3
About this itemESRB Rating: T for Teen
A decade has passed since the first game, and the face of E.D.N. III has changed dramatically.Terraforming efforts have been successful and the ice has begun to melt, giving way to lush, tropical jungles and harsh unforgiving deserts. Players will enter this new environment and follow the exploits of their own customized snow pirate on their quest to seize control of the changing planet.
Beyond the deep single player mode, Lost Planet 2 is loaded with extensive multiplayer modes. The action packed campaign mode comes with the ability to form teams of up to 4 players online to clear mission objectives with friends. The grappling hooks that made the gameplay in Lost Planet a true 3-D experience are back, allowing gamers to gain a tactical advantage by moving to elevated locations quickly.
Lost Planet 2 has a huge variety of hardware for players to unleash on unsuspecting enemies. Machine guns, shotguns, rocket launchers, lasers, sniper rifles, grenades and a host of other weapons are scattered across the game. The heavily armed and armored robotic Vital Suits return in greater numbers and variety than the first game. There are VS that transform into other vehicles, hold up to three players and some that even take multiple players to operate.
- 4-player co-op action: Team up to battle the giant Akrid in explosive 4 player co-operative play
- Single-player game evolves based on players decisions and actions
- Deep level of character customization: Players will have hundreds of different ways to customize their look and weapons to truly help them define their character on the battlefield
- Massive, beautiful environments: Capcom’s advanced graphics engine, MT Framework 2.0, will bring the game to life with the next step in 3D fidelity and performance
- Massive scale of enemies: Players will utilize teamwork tactics, new weapons and a variety of vital suits (VS) to fight larger-than-life bosses like the giant Akrid
- Rewards System: Players will receive rewards for assisting teammates and contributing to the team’s success
- Up to 16-player multiplayer modes and online ranking system
- Exciting new VS features - Based on fan feedback, the team has implemented an unbelievable variety of Vital Suits and new ways to combat VS’s, which will have a powerful impact on the way the player takes to the war zone