Live In-Shell Kumamoto Oysters (4 dozen)
- $ 53 98 53.98
- FREE Delivery
- By florist/ courier
About this item
- Fresh Kumamoto oysters from Humboldt Bay
- Approximate size: 1 1/2-2"
- Cultivated in suspended trays as part of a longline system
- Deep-cupped with petite meats, mild brininess, sweet flavor, slightly fruity finish
- Great taste that both beginning oyster eaters and connoisseurs will enjoy
Kumamoto oysters or "kumies" originated in Japan but are now so popular in the US that they are cultivated in the Pacific Northwest. These specific ones come from Humboldt Bay in Northern California. Most oysters on the market are named after the area they were cultivated, but Kumamoto oysters simply are sold as Kumamotos regardless of their area of origin.
Kumamotos are cultivated in suspended trays in a longline system and have highly sculpted, fluted shells with deep cups. Known as the "chardonnay of oysters," Kumamotos are one of the most popular oysters thanks to their luscious, fruity flavor and light brininess. Their consistent, mild flavor makes them a favorite among oyster novices and aficionados.
Oysters are extremely low in fat, cholesterol and calories, while being high in essential minerals. Compared to white-fleshed fish, they have fewer calories and about the same level of cholesterol. Compared to poultry, they are much lower in fat, cholesterol and calories.
- To keep them from drying out, oysters need to be kept under refrigeration and covered with a wet paper towel
- Do not let oysters sit in water
Sam’s Club Online Fresh Seafood prices may fluctuate weekly based on what is available at any given time and are subject to change.