About this item
- Made with pork, turkey and beef
- Hillshire Smokies are fully cooked
- Inspected and passed by the USDA
- Keep refrigerated
Create flavorful meals and snacks with Hillshire Farm™ Lit'l Smokies® Smoked Sausage (48 oz.). They're made with quality beef, pork and turkey. In a convenient resealable bag, these small sausages can be easily stored in a refrigerator or a freezer.
About Hillshire Farm
In 1934, founder Fritz Bernegger began the Hillshire Farm brand. He wanted to deliver premium cuts of meat for families to enjoy. From seasoned smoked sausages to slow-roasted lunch meat, quality has always been the company's first ingredient.
Why Use Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies Smoked Sausage?
Fully cooked, these Hillshire Smokies make a tasty treat to satisfy your hunger. You can enjoy them for breakfast, as a mid-day snack or chop them up to create a savory dinner dish. They come in a 3 lb. bag and are simple to prepare. These Hillshire Farm Smokies are also great for making meals for a large group at picnics, tailgating parties and receptions.
How Should I Cook Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies Smoked Sausage?
Since these mini sausages are already cooked, all you have to do is heat them up thoroughly before serving.
- Stove top: add links to boiling water and simmer for two to four minutes
- Oven: bake Hillshire Farm Smokies in a shallow pan in a preheated 350°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes
- Microwave (1100W): remove five sausages from the package and place on a microwave-safe plate, cover with a paper towel, microwave on high for 20 to 25 seconds or until hot, let stand in microwave for one minute before serving
- For children under 5 years: cut links lengthwise, and then slice into bite-size pieces
Although eating these Hillshire Smokies as they are is satisfying, you can also add them to some of your favorite recipes. Chop a few sausages up and put them into your pasta dishes to enhance the flavor. Wrap them in bacon or in refrigerated crescent roll dough to make tasty appetizers. You can even make these Hillshire Farm Smokies into sliders, as well as slice them up to use as a topping for pizza.