- Variety of 12 different sprouting seeds and mixes – alfalfa seed, mung bean, protein powerhouse mix (garbanzo, green pea, adzuki bean & mung bean), green pea, radish seeds, bean salad mix, green lentils, red lentils, French blue lentils, 3-part salad mix (broccoli, radish, alfalfa), hard red wheat, garbanzo beans
- Sprouting for Health in the New Millennium booklet – complete, detailed instructions on growing sprouts using the sprouting tray or sprouting jar methods
- 1 sprouting jar strainer lid – these strainer lids fit any wide mouth Mason, Ball or Kerr canning jar. Convert your canning jars into sprouters to increase sprout growing volume if needed
- Seeds are packaged in 1 lb. Mylar bags
- 12 lbs. of seeds will grow over 150 lbs. of sprouts
- Green pea, lentil & radish seeds may be planted in your garden
- Green pea & lentil seeds are usable in recipes for soups & other dishes
- Stackable tray growing system and instructions included
- All of our seeds are non-GMO (not genetically modified or genetically engineered)
- 100% USDA Organic Certification
- High germination rate: sprouts are ready to harvest in 2-5 days
- Food storage kits packaged in a 4 gal. re-sealable bucket
- Makes a great gift for health-conscious people
Top 10 Reasons for Sprouting
1. Only Pennies per Serving
One tablespoon of seeds will fill a quart jar with several ounces of sprouts. A 4 oz. package will yield several pounds.
2. Simple and Easy
Take less than a minute per day to grow and prepare. They will grow nearly anywhere indoors, in any season. Sprouts require very little space and travel well. They are the ideal vegetables for campers, boaters and RV users. Complete, easy -to-follow instructions are provided in the sprouting kits, on the seed package labels and in the Handy Pantry’s book, Sprouting for Health in the New Millennium.
3. Fresh and Ready Quickly
This “garden in your kitchen” grows very fast, in any kind of weather. No digging, planting, weeding, pests or chemicals involved. And there’s no long wait like in seasonal outdoor gardens. Just a few days to a bountiful, nutrition-packed harvest. When stored in your refrigerator, they will stay fresh for days or even weeks if rinsed properly.
4. Toxin-Free Food
Sprouts are as sweet and pure as nature intended food to be. The Handy Pantry supplies only natural, untreated seeds, with up to 99% rates of germination, grown especially for sprouting.
5. Complete Foods
Sprouts are real health food. They are full of life, as you will see in how fast and well they grow. When home-grown, you know they are pure, and you can enjoy them at the peak of their perfection.
6. Tasty and Delicious
You may be surprised how truly tasty sprouts are. Enjoy them in salads, on sandwiches, stir-fried, steamed or even baked in wholesome, home-made breads.
7. Highly Nutritious
Several contain more protein than cooked meat, at a tiny fraction of the cost. The presence and balance of amino acids make this protein more digestible. All sprouts are rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, enzymes and fiber. When exposed to light, several become rich in chlorophyll.
8. Low in Calories/Fat
One fully-packed cup of alfalfa sprouts contains only 16 calories. These are simple sugars for quick energy. Sprouts contain no cholesterol and provide several essential fatty acids.
9. Help Detox Your Body
Chlorophyll helps cleanse and oxygenate the blood. Enzymes aid in the digestion and assimilation of nutrients and contribute to the body’s life force. Fiber aids elimination, and lecithin helps the body get rid of cholesterol. A raw food diet is one of the best ways to detox your body.
10. Build Your Immune System
Sprouts contain antioxidants, which help the body to cleanse, detox, rebuild and heal itself. Antioxidant enzymes are especially important because they are essential for the proper function of the immune system.