About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your club.
- Deep-red color with flashes of violet
- The nose reveals complex aromas of small red and black fruit
- On the palate, this blend blossoms into complex aromas of ripe red fruit, backed by notes of licorice, gingerbread and scrubland
- A full-bodied wine with lots of finesse enhanced by mellow tannins
- The finish of this powerful wine is particularly lively, enhancing its excellent length on the palate, ending with touches of roasted coffee and peppery spices
The two grape varieties are picked by hand and individually to ensure their optimal ripeness. Generally speaking, the Syrah is the earlier of the two to ripen. The vinification process is also geared to match each variety so as to maintain their individual characteristics and the potential of the terroirs. The Syrah is vatted with complete bunches for vinification under CO2 maceration for approximately 15 days. The end of the vinification process is conducted at low temperature. The Grenache is 100% destemmed and its maceration can last up to three weeks. The extraction process, with pumping over the cap, racking and crushing, is meticulously adapted to each vat to ensure optimal extraction of the varietal aromas and a silky, tight texture. Part of the wine is transferred immediately after pressing into 225-litre Bordeaux barrels where it is aged for roughly 10 months. After light fining and bottling, it is kept for several months before marketing.