Fresh Shelled English Peas (10 oz. bags, 2 ct.)
- Free Pickup
About this item
- Tender young peas with a sweet flavor
- Use in salads, rice, pastas and as a side dish
- Just open and cook
Shelled peas are truly one of the great unique vegetables found anywhere in the world. They are planted and grown at an elevation where the temperature is mild, never too hot, never too cold, and they grow all year round. The result is that fresh shelled English peas are a far different pea than frozen or canned peas that sit in the freezer or in a can for months and even years. They are exceptionally nutritious, easy to prepare and can be eaten as a healthy snack or added to many delicious dishes.
How to prepare fresh peas: Boil or steam for 2-4 minutes, drain into colander, add 2-3 tsp. butter, serve promptly while they are still hot. Enjoy!
- Low in calories
- Perfect as a healthy snack
- Exceptionally nutritious with a lot of protein
- Good source of Vitamin K, fiber, B1, Vitamin C and folate
- Picked and podded by hand so there is no mechanical damage of any kind
- Peas meet a strict sweetness and flavor test in the field prior to harvest