About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your club.
- Aromas: cassis, mocha, dried cherries, mint, cola and smoky leather
- Flavors: black cherries and plums
- Finish: lingering notes of toasty caramel
- Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah
- Aging: 29% new French, Eastern European and American oak; 71% older oak
This wine is composed primarily of Cabernet Sauvignon blended with a small amount of Syrah. The grapes are hand harvested, sorted and destemmed. Whole berries are gently fed into tanks for three days of cold soaking before fermentation. Following the cold soak, yeast was added and pump overs commenced, one to two times daily, for the duration of primary fermentation. Once fermentation is complete, individual lots are drained and pressed to barrels for malolactic fermentation and cave ageing for 18 months. Prior to bottling the individual lots are blended, creating the perfect balance of fruit, tannin and oak.