About this item
- Aromas of dark German chocolate, rich berries and fresh lavender
- Nose conveys just the right amount of oak
- Palate is round and broad, with lush flavors of candied cherries and baking chocolate
- Fine, granular tannins create the sensation of silky smoothness
- The finish offers hints of cocoa
Conundrum believes in being both serious and playful, and this wine fits the bill. A rich, dark red best served slightly chilled, it offers aromas of ripe berries and plums, warmed by a hint of cocoa. Dried fruit and the taste of chocolate-covered cherries come through on the palate, while a wisp of smokiness makes this wine – created from dark red varietals including Zinfandel and Petite Sirah – the perfect complement to grilled meats and full-flavored dishes. Tannins are rounded out by the ripeness of the berries for a texturous but smooth mouth feel. The finish offers layers of rich flavor that teasingly trail off.