About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Complex aromas of blackberry, black currant, mocha, cedar and hints of tobacco leaf
- Dense, concentrated black fruit flavors of black cherry, blackberry and black currant
- Lush, silky texture that finishes with round chewy tannins
- Varietals: 78% cabernet sauvignon, 9% merlot, 6% petite verdot, 5% malbec, 2% cabernet franc
- Food pairing: smoked ham or roasted duck with huckleberry compote
A superb growing season yielding high-quality across both white and red grape varietals helped create Clos du Bois Marlstone. It began with a mild winter and spring, with very little rainfall. This yielded balanced vineyard canopies and average crop size, with excellent concentration of flavors. Early bud break due to the mild spring temperatures saw harvest start several weeks earlier than the last few vintages. Coupled with the moderate temperatures grapes matured slowly, but steadily, achieving full flavor development and tannin maturity, two things Clos du Bois winemakers look for in determining the optimal pick date for their grapes.