Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino (750 ml)
About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Varietal: 100% Sangiovese, select clones
- Color: intense ruby red with garnet reflections
- Aromas: ethereal, violet, vanilla with hints of licorice
- Flavors: full, soft, velvety, with traces of spice
- Food pairing: red meats, wild game, aged cheeses
On the southern hills of Montalcino, the grapes are grown in stony, calcareous (rich in lime) and well-structured soil at an altitude of 720 feet above sea level. A meticulous grape selection is followed by vinification with skin contact for 10-12 days. Released in the fifth year after harvest, the wine is aged for a minimum of four years, two of those years in oak barrels of various sizes, mainly French oak barriques and partly in Slavonian oak casks.