Castello di Neive Barbaresco DOCG (750 ml)
About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your club.
- Color: Medium garnet
- Aromas of red fruits and cassis
- Hints of licorice, smoke, and caramel
- ABV: 14%
Medium garnet in color, this wine has aromas of red fruits and cassis which are complemented by delicate hints of licorice, smoke, and caramel. The tannins in this wine are central to the mouth feel, yet they are neither astringent nor tight. In other words, a perfect example of the Neive style. Try pairing it with meat-based raviolis, mushroom-topped pork saltimbocca, and elegant filet mignon dishes.
The grapes for this wine come from some of the most-respected vineyards in the Barbaresco DOCG (Gallina, Messoirano, Valtorta, and a part of Santo Stefano). It is made from 100% Nebbiolo grapes grown on vines that average 30 years of age. The grapes for this wine are pressed and then allowed to mature in wooden vats for 2 years to smooth the tannins and develop the wines’ complex flavors.
- Varietal composition: 100% Nebbiolo
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel tanks
- Length of alcoholic fermentation: 12 days
- Fermentation temperature: 82 °F
- Maceration technique: Pumpovers, aeration, and delestage
- Length of maceration: 12 days
- Malolactic fermentation: Yes
- Type of aging container: Barrels and stainless steel tanks
- Size of aging container: 35 HL
- Age of aging container: 10 years
- Type of oak: French
- Oak region: Allier
- Length of aging before bottling: 2 years
- Length of bottle aging: 6 months