Baking Potatoes (15 lbs.)
About this item
- 15 lb. bag of fresh potatoes
- Light and fluffy
- Perfect size and texture for baking on high heat
- Hearty skin that's tender when cooked
Create numerous dishes using this bag of Baking Potatoes (15 lbs.). They have hearty skin that's tender when cooked. These fresh potatoes are the ideal size and texture for baking on high heat.
How Should You Cook Baking Potatoes?
Baking Potatoes can be cooked in multiple ways in the oven.
- Make the traditional oven-baked potato and top it with chives, butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon bits
- Create a Hasselback potato by making vertical slices all throughout the cooked fresh vegetable, inserting slices of cheese in-between and drizzling the top with olive oil
- Form bite-sized pieces by cutting the potatoes into chunks, tossing in olive oil and sprinkling with herbs
- Create tempting potato skins by cutting a few potatoes lengthwise, scoop out some of the interior, brush with oil and bake until crisp. Add bacon and cheese to the inside, and place back into the oven for a few minutes. Next, top the skins with green onions and sour cream for a flavorful snack
What's In A Potato?
Potatoes have been a classic dinner staple for many years and there's a good reason for that. While this fresh vegetable looks big in size, water accounts for 70-80 percent of the weight. It's also full of minerals and vitamins. A common misconception is that potatoes are unhealthy, but these vegetables can actually help to improve digestion, boost heart health, reduce cholesterol levels, strengthen the immune system and manage diabetes.
Other Ways to Eat Potatoes
Besides baking, you can prepare these fresh potatoes in different ways for a wide array of recipes. Boil them in a pot with other ingredients to make soups and stews hearty. You can cut these fresh vegetables up to make tasty French fries. Slice them very thin to create your very own potato chips. They're also terrific for dishes like hash browns, casseroles, salads and latkes.