Dell Alienware 18.4" Laptop Computer, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB Memory, 750 GB Hard Drive
About this item
Free standard shipping while supplies last.
Looks and feels like no other
The Alienware 18 is a monster gaming powerhouse. Every detail is engineered to give you the most intense experience possible. The magnesium alloy frame and anodized aluminum shell protect your LCD and its components while the copper heat sinks keep your system cool on the inside so you can play until the sun comes up.
- Durable and sophisticated design: Alienware 18 is more than just nice to look at. Its outer surface is an anodized-aluminum shell reinforced by a magnesium alloy frame to protect the LCD. The hinge is designed to be opened and closed up to 20,000 times, so you can play with confidence, knowing your system is sturdy.
Take your view to the next level
The new Alienware 18 offers an expansive 18.4" Full HD Truelife display. With rich, vibrant colors and wide angles, your games will look amazing from any view. Expand your view by connecting to an HDTV and experience 3D gaming in all its glory
- With an 18" Full HD panel you’ll be ready to game without sacrifice. The bright widescreen display gives you outstanding visibility into your game.
- Plug in to an external 3D or Full HD TV or monitor via HDMI 1.4 for a full-on, theater-style gaming and entertainment experience.
Unleash the power
Alienware 18 is the most powerful 18" laptop in the universe. With 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors you can experience a maximum speed of up to 4.3GHz. Unleash the speed and performance you need to dominate in everything you do.
- 4th Generation Intel® Quad Core™ i7 processor are faster than the previous generation to pack the punch you need to power through any level. The Intel® Core™ 4th i7-4700MQ offers a maximum speed of up to 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost and a 6MB cache.
- Intel® Smart Cache Technology speeds up your loading times by sharing the cache memory found in your CPU and GPU — so your applications load faster and your pictures render more quickly.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allocates your system’s power more efficiently, so you can listen to music, play games and chat with friends simultaneously without bogging down your system.
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology gives you up to 8-way multitasking so you can run more programs in the background while consuming fewer system resources. Game, edit video files, mix music tracks or code complex projects all at once. With 8-way multitasking, the Alienware 18 handles all your passions in effortless stride.
Maximum performance with dual graphics
You can get in the game like never before with dual GPUs that deliver increased performance, better image rendering and higher frame rates. Charge through the most intense stages of your favorite games with up to 2GB GDDR5 memory in the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M GPUs. For added impact, NVIDIA® PhysX brings your games to life with dynamic, interactive environments while NVIDIA® Adaptive Vertical Sync prevents image tearing.
- NVIDIA® GeForce Graphics 700 series graphics cards are designed specifically for gaming and pack monster performance. And if you’re looking for a real performance enhancer, now is the time to upgrade. NVIDIA® 700 series graphics cards
- NVIDIA® FXAA technology enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in many PC games for the ultimate combination of image quality and performance.
- NVIDIA® Adaptive Vertical Sync bases vertical sync on your current frame rates for the smooth gaming without image tearing.
- NVIDIA® GeForce Drivers keep your rig tuned and up to date, so you’re always ready for the latest titles.
- NVIDIA® PhysX® Technology brings your games to life with dynamic destruction, realistic environments and lifelike animation.
Pump up your audio experience
Get the power and nuance of cinema sound straight from your laptop. The speakers are certified by sound engineers from Klipsch® and the system comes preloaded with Dolby® Home Theater® v4 software for extraordinary audio and an easy interface — whether you’re gaming or enjoying other media.
- Powered by Klipsch® Speakers: Your Alienware 18 is a precision-tuned, premium stereo system designed to deliver the most lifelike audio experience you have ever heard from a laptop. Dynamic drivers provide a punchy, rich, full range of sound to give you the best gaming experience possible.
- Dolby Home Theater v4: Whether you’re listening through headphones, laptop speakers or a home theater setup, Dolby Home Theater v4 delivers the captivating listening experience that your games and media demand. Surround Decoder creates a virtual surround sound experience and Volume Maximizer lets you blast your audio at peak volume without noise or clipping. And Dolby Home Theater comes with an easy-to-use interface, so you can maintain total control over your audio settings at all times.
Plug in with plenty of ports
Whether you need to plug into an external display or speakers, or want to transfer movies and music, Alienware 18 has you covered with all the ports you need. Alienware 18 comes with a Killer 2200 Gigabit Ethernet port, three SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and one USB 3.0 port with PowerShare technology, a mini display port, HDMI 1.4 output/1.3 input, 9-in-1 media card reader, an HD audio and in-line mic and headset jack and more.
Connect and conquer
A built-in Killer Gigabit Ethernet NIC identifies and prioritizes your network traffic so latency-sensitive streams that require maximum speed, like games or video chat, are prioritized over less-important traffic. See which applications are hogging your bandwidth and limit them using Visual Bandwidth Control™ so they don’t interfere with your games. Or go wireless with a Broadcom 5G WiFi adapter for faster speeds, better range and improved battery life.
Ultimate control. All from one place.
Change how you experience the game. The redesigned Alienware Command Center 3.0 lets you choose lighting and special effects, accelerate your gaming performance, monitor in-game results and more — all in one hub.
AlienFX system lighting
Create custom lighting and special effects to suit your unique gaming style. Apply 20 different colors to 10 different zones for up to 10,240 billion color combinations.
- Themes: Create your own custom lighting and special effects for a truly unique and personalized look. AlienFX lets you create, edit and save your own custom themes. Or select from several preset themes already available on Alienware systems.
- Lighting effects and programmable events: Your choices are endless with a palette of 20 colors and an array of lighting zones to apply them to. Set the zones to morph from one color to another, to pulse at a specific tempo or to remain solid. Even set the zones to flash and alert you in the case of practically any system event, like getting an email or a message from a friend.
- AlienFX-enabled games: We’ve been working closely with game developers for years to incorporate interactive AlienFX lighting for over 55 games. Special lighting effects can be based on health levels, for example, like green morphing to red when your health is reduced. They can also be based on the type of in-game environment you’re in. We’re constantly working with game developers to get AlienFX lighting incorporated into even more games, so you get the most immersive gaming experience possible.
Launch games your way with personalized shortcuts in Game Mode, maximize performance with the new Accelerator feature, and keep an eye on resource consumption with Performance Monitoring.
- Game Mode: Stay one step ahead of the competition. Game Mode gives you the ability to customize how your game or application launches — including what AlienFX theme to implement, what VOIP to use for a specific game and what web pages or applications you want opened or closed when the game launches and more.
- Accelerator: AlienAdrenaline’s Accelerator is an instant performance booster. It ends process trees for Windows-based applications and services that are unnecessary, giving your system a boost in speed. It won’t permanently alter your system’s configuration, or uninstall any software or programs. It merely sheds some weight temporarily and then returns to its original state once you’re done gaming.
- Performance Monitoring: AlienAdrenaline’s Performance Monitoring tool provides a graphical representation of hard drive, system memory, network, processor and graphics card usage, so you can track system performance and identify problems while playing a game or running resource-intensive applications. Monitor your performance in real-time or record and review them later.
Create and execute custom game commands in just seconds. The Alienware 18 has four additional macro keys for a total of 19 slots, so you have even more control over the game.
- User-programmable macro keys: Alienware laptops come equipped with vertically and horizontally aligned macro keys above the number pad for a total of 19 user-programmable macro keys. You can assign different functions to each of the macro keys — a series of keystrokes; one of five preset functions such as email, web or media player; or a shortcut that launches a program of your choosing.
- Importing and exporting profiles: The TactX macro key controls let you create and save your settings as profiles. Once you create one or more profiles, you can choose the desired profile from the import/export profiles option, based on the specific game you created the profile for. Or you can restore non-gaming profiles for day-to-day personal use. You can also share your profiles with friends.
Customize your touch pad’s sensitivity to prevent accidental contact or modify “tap and drag” functions and horizontal scrolling with just the brush of your finger.
- Tapping: Customize your tapping setting to either enable “tap and drag” or “locking drags”, or disable tapping gestures completely. This menu also gives you the option to disable the touch pad automatically whenever an external USB mouse is plugged into the system.
- Sensitivity: The sensitivity controls let you customize the touch pad’s sensitivity to a lighter or heavier touch according to your personal preference. Decrease the touch pad’s sensitivity to the palm of your hand so that it ignores or is less sensitive to your palm’s contact with the touch pad.
- Virtual scrolling: AlienTouch provides yet another level of touch pad customization by giving you gesture scrolling options. Enable vertical and horizontal scrolling gestures, and then customize the size of the vertical and horizontal scrolling regions to a setting that works best for you.
Access your system’s power-management controls so you can decide when you need maximum performance or when to scale back for more everyday programs.
- Quick settings: Get easy access to preset power options like high performance, balanced or power saving modes. Quick settings is an easy interface to fine-tune those settings.
- Advanced settings: AlienFusion’s advanced settings mode gives you control over how you want individual components in your system to behave while running on specific power modes — like adjusting the behavior of your wireless adapter or graphics processor.
- Custom power plans: Create unlimited power plans to suit every different need. Optimize gameplay for any specific online game you play, then save and modify your custom power plan in the AlienFusion.
|Processor and Memory|
|Processor Type:||Intel Core™ i7-4700MQ|
|Maximum Memory Expansion:||16GB|
|Hard Drive and Multimedia Drives|
|Hard Drive:||750GB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s|
|Multimedia Card Slot:||9-in-1 Media Card Reader|
|Graphics and Audio|
|Graphics:||Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2.0gb|
|Audio:||Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio Powered by Klipsch® with Dolby Home Theater software|
|Display, Keyboard, Mouse and Webcam|
|Display Type:||WLED FHD|
|Display Resolution:||WLED FHD 1920x1080|
|Keyboard:||AlienFX® Illuminated Keyboard (English)|
|Webcam:||1.3 MP HD Camera with dual digital microphones|
|Ethernet:||Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC(Standard)|
|Ports:||External Chassis Connections |
|Battery Type:||8-cell Lithium Ion (86 wHr)|
|AC Adapter:||150 Watt A/C Adapter|
|Operating System:||Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, SP1|
|Manufacturer Software:||CMS - Cyberlink Media Suite Essentials|
|Operating Temperature:||0º to 35º C (32º to 95º F)|
|Storage Temperature:||-40º to 65º C (-40º to 149º F)|