Paper Plates, Lightweight, 9" (1,000 ct.)
About this item
- Economical and convenient
- Uncoated paper plates are disposable
- Lightweight design makes them ideal for multiple purposes
- Use at home, school and for foodservice operations
- 1,000 disposable plates per carton
Make serving dinner to family and guests simpler with these Paper Plates, Lightweight, 9" (1,000 ct.). They're economical, as well as a convenient choice.
About AJM Packaging Corporation
Family-owned, AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of premium paper products such as cups, plates and bags. It has several locations across the USA, including its original site in Detriot, Michigan. The company is committed to quality, its customers, sustainability and lowering its environmental impact.
How Are Paper Plates Made?
Paper plates are fabricated from plant fibers that are usually from trees. The material is separated, washed and pressed through mesh screens to create liquid pulp. A machine is then used to form the paper plates into various shapes and sizes.
Why Use These Paper Plates?
Lightweight, these paper plates are uncoated and have a classic white color. They feature a 9" diameter to easily hold food items and a round shape. Microwavable, these plates can be used to warm up pizza and other quick snacks. They're disposable for quick cleanup and made from 100-percent paper, which is a renewable natural resource. They also come in a convenient pack of 1,000 for stocking up in pantries.
Difference Between Coated and Uncoated Paper Plates
When it comes to coated and uncoated paper plates, the main difference is the way the product is manufactured. Coated paper plates have a film on them that's typically from clay, but it can also be from a polymer. The covering overlaying the plates makes them more sturdy and usually restricts the amount of grease that's absorbed, as well as prevents leaks. Uncoated paper plates are manufactured without a film and so they're not soak-proof.
Ideal for Events and More
These disposable plates are terrific for use at parties to serve cake, potato chips and hot dogs. They're great for restaurants, cafeterias and concession stands. You can even use them at picnics, schools and around the house when grabbing a snack.
Creative Ways to Use These Disposable Plates
- When moving, you can use paper plates between your ceramic dinnerware to prevent scratches and to provide a cushion when packing them into boxes
- Use one as a makeshift dustpan when you don't have one handy by cutting it in half
- These disposable plates can be used as a splash guard to cover a dish in the microwave to prevent splatter
- They can be folded and decorated to make into gift baskets
- Make these disposable paper plates into rings by cutting out the centers and having kids paint them for a fun game of ring toss