USDA Prime Brisket Whole Cryovac (1 Piece, Priced per pound)
About this item
- USDA Prime Beef
- Hand-selected and cut from grain-fed U.S. cattle
- Excellent flavor and tenderness
- Product of the USA
- Vacuum packaged
Beef brisket is best prepared using moist or dry heat. It becomes tender and savory with long, slow cooking or braising. Slow smoking with aromatic mesquite, apple or hickory wood is a favorite cooking method of barbecue restaurants. Once smoked, this cut of meat is easily carved into uniform slices.
Beer Braised Brisket with Mustard Sauce Recipe:
What You'll Need:
- USDA Prime Brisket Whole Cryovac (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or pale ale
- Mustard Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef Brisket in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove Brisket from stockpot; season with salt and pepper.
- Add onions to stockpot; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Return Brisket, fat side up, to stockpot. Add beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until Brisket is fork-tender.
- Remove Brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Increase heat and bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reduced by half.
- Meanwhile combine Mustard Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons thickened cooking liquid.
- Carve Brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Pour remaining onion mixture over beef. Serve with Mustard Sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association