USDA Prime Beef Whole Tenderloins, Cryovac (priced per pound)
Why we love this
Lean but tender, whole beef tenderloin is best cooked using any dry-heat method: roasting, grilling, sautéing and smoking. Check out our favorite recipe below!
About this item
- USDA Prime Beef
- Hand-selected and cut from grain-fed U.S. cattle
- Excellent flavor and tenderness
- Product of the USA
Prime tenderloin steak is known for its extremely tender, buttery soft texture while being surprisingly low in fat. This flexible cut is best prepared using any dry-heat cooking method including roasting, grilling, sautéing and smoking. For best results, let the meat rest at room temperature before cooking. Season with salt, fresh-cracked pepper and/or your favorite spices before grilling.
Herbed Tenderloin Steaks with Goat Cheese Topping Recipe
Whip up a satisfying meal in under 30 minutes any night of the week. Herbed goat cheese is a tasty topping for Tenderloin Steaks. Pair with arugula and tomatoes for a light meal.
What You'll Need:
- 4 beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sautéed Arugula and Tomatoes (recipe follows, optional)
- Combine goat cheese and basil in small bowl; set aside.
- Press thyme and garlic evenly onto beef steaks.
- Preheat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook steaks 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from skillet; immediately top with goat cheese mixture. Keep warm.
- Prepare Sautéed Arugula and Tomatoes, if desired. Season steaks with salt; serve with arugula mixture.
Sautéed Arugula and Tomatoes: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 5 cups arugula leaves and 1 clove minced garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup diced tomatoes.
Recipe courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association