Swanson Chicken Broth (14 oz., 12 pk.)
About this item
Swanson® Chicken Broth is the classic. It's the perfect balance of chicken, vegetables and seasonings to bring rich and distinctive flavor to your everyday cooking, without the added fat.
Spicy Verde Chicken & Bean Chili Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 55 mins | Servings: 6
Shredded chicken gets a burst of zesty flavor when it's combined with green chiles and hot jalapeño pepper sauce to make a fresh-tasting chili that's ready in under an hour.
Brought to you by: Campbell’s
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Organic Chicken Broth or Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 2 cups shredded boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) white navy beans, undrained
- 1 can (about 4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño hot pepper sauce
- 6 flour tortilla (8-inch), warmed
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic powder. Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- Stir the flour into the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in the broth. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir the chicken, beans, chiles, cumin and hot pepper sauce in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Line each of 6 serving bowls with the tortillas. Divide the chili among the bowls. Serve topped with cheese and cilantro, if desired.