Robert Mondavi Private Selection Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine (750 ml)
About this item
- Flavors of ripe blackberry cobbler, blueberry pie, praline and sweet vanilla custard
- Hints of brown sugar, caramel, mocha, coffee and smoke
- Pairs well with Bourbon glazed ribs, a charcuterie board and strong cheeses
- Grapes sourced from Southern Monterey County in California’s Central Coast growing region
- A portion of the blend is selected to be aged for an additional three months in new bourbon whiskey barrels
Robert Mondavi Private Selection Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine is a complex and decadent cabernet wine. This limited-release California red wine blends the craftsmanship of California winemaking with the Southern tradition of bourbon whiskey aging. Crafted using coastal fruit picked at the peak of ripeness from California's Monterey County, this Robert Mondavi red wine features decadent aromas of ripe blackberry.
With select lots aged in a combination of new oak barrels as well as used bourbon barrels from a renowned Kentucky distillery, each bottle of wine reflects the expressive character of this original alternative to barrel aging. Deep flavors of black cherry and blackberry are accompanied by notes of vanilla, dried herbs, brown sugar, and toasty oak in this finely aged wine.
Bold and flavorful, this cabernet wine tastes of ripe blackberry cobbler, blueberry pie, praline, and sweet vanilla custard with hints of brown sugar, caramel, mocha, coffee and smoke. Serve this decadent California red wine at a wine and cheese party, or pair it with a charcuterie board and hearty pasta dishes. For optimal enjoyment of this red wine, refrigerate this 750 mL wine bottle for 30 minutes before serving. Please enjoy our wines responsibly.