Protos Reserva (750 ml)
About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your club.
- Varietal: Tempranillo 100 %
- Aged 18 months in French (80%) and American (20%) oak barrels
- Aged 18 months in bottle
- Serving Temperature: 16 - 18 ºC
- Produced in Spain
Its color is intense bright dark cherry color with garnet rim. The nose has powerful, black fruits with nice toasty notes, spicy, creamy oak, complex and elegant. Its taste is powerful, flavorful, toasty, round tannins, good acidity, fruity and spicy. Good backbone and lingering finish.
Try pairing it with:
- Poultry: guinea fowl fricassee, grilled or roast duck magret, stewed turkey thighs, stewed or stuffed chicken thighs, roast duck, stuffed turkey, turkey stuffed with fragrant truffles, oven-baked duck confit, chicken fricassee and chicken in a sauce.
- Meat: sirloin kebabs, roast kid, lamb stew, veal cheek, pork chops, lamb and grilled veal chops, roast lamb and suckling pig, fillet steak, veal stew, roast suckling lamb, tongue stew, stewed pig's trotters, sautéed veal sweetbreads, shank stew, grilled pig's snout, oxtail, veal ragout, kidneys in sherry, oven-baked sirloin, etc.
- Game: quails sautéed or in sauce, stewed or garlic rabbit, venison stew, roasted pheasant with grapes, wild boar stew, stuffed pigeon, partridge in chocolate, squab with nuts and oven-baked venison.
- Cereals and pastas: tagliatelle bolognese.
- Cold meats: smoked meat, cured ham and smoked loin of pork.
- Eggs: fried eggs with potatoes.
- Pulses: beans with partridge and pinto beans with rice.
- Fish: anchovy puffs with tomato.
- Cheeses: the wine matches very well with aged cheeses such as manchego, roncal, zamorano, etc.
- Soups: Castilian garlic soup.
Member reviews & questions
Sam’s Club does not sell alcohol to persons under the age of 21. By using SamsClub.com, including use of Club Pickup, to order alcoholic beverages for purchase, you are acknowledging that you are over the age of 21.
You also agree that any alcohol purchased from Sam’s Club is intended for your personal consumption and not for resale.
Any persons attempting to pick up a Club Pickup order that includes alcoholic beverages from a Sam’s Club location must provide proof they are over 21 years of age before payment. Proof of age includes a drivers license, passport, other government issued identification and other legally approved identification that includes your date of birth.
Club Pickup orders that include alcoholic beverages will not, under any circumstances, be delivered to persons under the age of 21 or persons who are visibly intoxicated.
According to the surgeon general, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
You are solely responsible for the purchase of any alcohol from Sam’s Club, including compliance with the law of your local jurisdiction. The unlawful purchase of alcohol either for yourself or for others may subject you to criminal penalties including significant fines, suspension of your driver's license, community service and/or jail.
Alcoholic beverages may not be available for retail sales in certain Sam’s Club locations and/or during certain hours or days due to local laws and regulations and certain licensing restrictions.
SAM’S CLUB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ORDERS FOR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES FOR ANY REASON WITHOUT EXPLANATION.
If you do not agree with these conditions of use, you may not use the SamsClub.com site or Club Pickup to order alcoholic beverages.