Plums (3.5 lbs.)
About this item
- Healthy, convineient snack
- Great source of antioxidants
- Good source of insoluble fiber
- Colors and varieties vary by club
Plums are an excellent on the go snack from children and adults alike. They're known for their smooth exterior and tender, fleshy interior that houses a hard pit. In addition to their exceptional flavor, they provide many proven health benefits and require little to no preparation. Varieties vary throughout the season resulting in exciting colors and flavors. Leave on your counter to ripen and refrigerate to prolong shelf life.
This package contains 3.5 pounds of juicy, perfectly ripe plums. Plums have been enjoyed across the globe as a snack, in its dried form—prunes—as a juice, in desserts and even in savory cooking.
Are Plums Healthy?
Yes! Like many other fruits, plums are an excellent source of vitamin C, fiber and other nutrients. When you're craving something sweet, reaching for a plum as opposed to a candy bar is, of course, the nutritious choice. Since they're naturally sweet, they can help curb your sugar cravings. And because they're a whole food, there's nothing artificial about them.
How Can I Utilize Plums in Recipes?
Plums are incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of sweet and savory dishes. If you feel like getting creative with your plums, here are a few ideas:
- Make a flavorful salad with pitted and halved plums, shaved parmesan cheese and black pepper
- Pit and chop plums and stir into your morning yogurt or hot cereal for an added dose of nutrients
- Make crisp and juicy plum tarts; drizzle with honey when fresh from the oven
- Grill pork chops with plums and season with lemon and feta cheese crumbles
- Make plum syrup by boiling sugar, water and pitted quartered plums; after removing from heat and left to thicken, strain plums and mix with lemon to infuse teas, top ice cream and more
- Make Italian plum and almond flour cake for a sweet, tart and moist dessert