Old Bay Seasoning (24 oz.)
About this item
- Flavorful blend of 18 herbs and spices
- Ideal for chicken, seafood, meat, salad or snacks like chips or popcorn
- Same delicious taste for more than 75 years
- 24-oz. container of seasoning
Add flavor to your meals with Old Bay® Seasoning. It's been a favorite for spicing up food for more than 75 years.
Why Use Old Bay Seasoning?
It's a unique blend of herbs and 18 spices, including black pepper, paprika and celery salt. This seasoning has a lively flavor that works well with a variety of dishes. It comes in an easy to use one-lb. plastic container with a sectioned lid that allows for sprinkling or spooning out the contents over food. This Old Bay spice is also simple to store in a kitchen cabinet or pantry. It's terrific for use in restaurants and in homes.
What Foods Taste Great with Old Bay Seasoning?
This seasoning can be used on seafood, such as salmon, shrimp and crab. Sprinkle it onto poultry, as well as beef. This Old Bay spice is terrific with veggies, soups and stews. Use it on snacks like French fries, chips and popcorn for even more zip.
Since this seasoning can be put on a wide array of foods, you can easily add it to some of your favorite recipes.
- Create a quick corn salsa by adding a few teaspoons of the spice to two cans of whole kernel corn mixed with chopped red onions, jalapeños, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil.
- Make kale chips by dusting this seasoning onto washed, dried and olive oil-coated kale leaves. Bake until crispy.
- For a savory stuffing, mix it into bread crumbs with chopped onions, thyme, sage, chicken broth and butter.
- Create a tangy dipping sauce by combining this Old Bay spice to honey, lemon juice and ketchup
- Add a few tablespoons to pre-cooked green beans and red potatoes, sliced cucumbers, chopped onions, white wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss together in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Make a crab soup by combining this seasoning with crab meat, lima beans, carrots, sweet corn, chopped onions, tomatoes, beef broth and water.
Old Bay Maryland Crab Soup Recipe
Twenty minutes is all you need to whip up a batch of this hearty seafood soup. Made with whole tomatoes, lima beans, baby carrots, yellow sweet corn, chopped onions, lump crab meat and good ol' OLD BAY®, this crab meat soup is your next go-to weeknight dinner recipe.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Servings: 10
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup frozen baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen yellow sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Onions
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- Place all ingredients, except crabmeat, in 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in crabmeat; cover and simmer 10 minutes.