Morton Iodized Salt (4 lbs.)
About this item
- Iodized salt great for everyday use
- Restaurant supplies staple
- Quality you can trust
With Morton® Iodized Salt you can keep your kitchen well-stocked on an essential seasoning as well as have easy access to a nutrient that's vital to your body's health. This bulk package is perfect for use at home as well as in commercial kitchens.
About Morton Iodized Salt
This package contains 1 four-pound box of iodized table salt. This box has an easy-open metal spout that makes pouring and measuring a breeze and keeps the package securely fastened when closed. This iodized salt is perfect for everyday use in the home for seasoning foods, creating sauces and stocks and marinades and rubs. It's also perfect for these same reasons in professional kitchens and makes refilling smaller salt shakers fast and mess-free. Salt is not only a favorite seasoning agent and a kitchen staple, it can be used for a range of uses around the home.
Is Iodized Salt Healthy?
Yes, iodized salt contains iodine, a nutrient the body needs for proper thyroid function. Iodine's not common in many other foods, so using Morton table salt is an easy way to make sure you're getting iodine. While we don't want to add too much salt to our diets due to the potentially unhealthy side effects of a high sodium diet, a sprinkling of iodized salt makes foods taste better and can be part of a healthy eating plan.
What Are Other Uses for Morton Iodized Salt?
Besides culinary purposes, iodized table salt serves many other uses, including:
- Smothering small kitchen fires
- Keep sliced apples from browning by placing in a bowl of water and table salt. Be sure to rinse apples before eating!
- Use as a natural weed killer
- Sprinkle corners of the kitchen in the springtime to serve as an ant repellent
- Deodorize cutting boards by rubbing with table salt and lemon juice
- Cleaning kitchen drains