USDA Choice Angus Beef Chuck Steak (priced per pound)
About this item
- 100% Angus beef
- Grain fed
- Hand selected and cut
- Premium reserve quality
- USDA Choice
Due to high demand,
This item may be unavailable from time to time.
This steak is great for braising, sauteing and marinating before grilling.
Braised Chuck Steaks With Savory Tentils Recipe
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds of USDA Choice Angus Beef Chuck Steaks, diced
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add water, onion and bay leaves to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 hours. Add lentils, carrots and cumin to skillet; return to a boil. Continue simmering, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until lentils and beef are fork-tender. Discard bay leaves.
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Serve with lentils. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Recipe Nutrition Information: 482 Calories; 144 Calories from fat; 16g Total Fat (7 g Saturated Fat; 7 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 106 mg Cholesterol; 119 mg Sodium; 37 g Total Carbohydrate; 7.6 g Dietary Fiber; 47 g Protein; 8.2 mg Iron; 5.2 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 7.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 11.7 mg Zinc; 48.4 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.
Recipe courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association