Markham Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (750 ml)
About this item
- Aromas of boysenberry and cassis fruit is layered with vanilla, dark chocolate and star anise
- Dense and textural, velvety richness throughout
- Jammy, ripe berry flavors are enhanced with sweet oak and cola notes
- Chewy tannins create a balanced but powerful wine
- Food pairing: a buttery filet mignon and a side of pommes Anna to match the decadence
Markham Cabernet Sauvignon is entirely blended from its two estate vineyards. Set in a canyon surrounded by wild bay laurel trees, the rocky soils provide near-perfect growing conditions. In the heart of Napa Valley, Markham's Yountville property has an amazing lineage spanning over 140 years. The cabernet sauvignon and cabernet franc from that parcel is the backbone of the blend. Careful canopy management maximizes filtered light within the vines, allowing the fruit to ripen evenly. The wines are sent to barrels individually to mature, providing greater understanding of the direct impact of Markham's viticultural practices each vintage.