Honeywell 5000 Lumen 4' LED Aluminum Shop Light (10-Pack, White Finish)
About this item
- Ideal for business, warehouses or home work areas
- Linkable, up to 10 units
- 4,500 lumen output
- Consumes only 42 watts
- Energy Star 2.0 certified
Ensure your work area is well illuminated with these Honeywell LED 4' Linkable Shop Lights. They're ideal for placing in large spaces and are simple to install.
What Does LED Mean?
LED is the acronym for "Light-Emitting Diode." Diodes can be found in televisions, computers and radios. They're an electrical part that has two terminals that conduct current in one direction. Light-emitting diodes will produce light that's bright around a bulb.
How LED Lights Work
When an LED light is connected to a power source, the electrons in the diodes will release photons to create light. Since the color of the light is caused by the energy gap in the diode's semiconductor, it uses very little electricity to create vivid illumination.
Why Choose These Honeywell LED 4' Linkable Shop Lights?
These Honeywell LED 4' Linkable Shop Lights offer easy and quick installation. They're designed to stay bright and will start instantly when turned on. With a lightweight construction and sturdy one-piece housing, these 4-foot LED shop lights are terrific for placing in offices, warehouses, basements and garages. They can be used as separate units or linked together with the provided linking cable or the affixed flush-mount connector. These lights put out 4,500 lumens and consume 42W. They produce a natural white light without the humming sound. These shop light fixtures come with hardware and hanging chains for installation. They don't contain any mercury and 10 units can be linked together. Energy Star 2.0 certified, these Honeywell LED lights each have a 50,000-hour life.
Difference Between LED Lights and Fluorescent Lights
- LED lights will have single or multiple diodes to create a bulb. Fluorescent lights come in basically two types, CFL and tube lighting that will range in size.
- Fluorescent lighting like CFL bulbs can last up to 10,000 hours and may be replaced up to six times in comparison with an LED light that has a lifespan of 50,000 hours. That means fewer changes, which is fantastic for businesses and homes.
- The illumination of fluorescent tube lighting is wonderful for large rooms like warehouses and CFL bulbs are great for living areas. LED lights offer focused directional lighting in items like desk lamps, vehicle headlights, desk lamps and electronic devices. LED lights are also terrific for decorative indoor and outdoor lighting.
- LED lights use around half the wattage of fluorescent lights.
- Both lighting types are energy efficient compared to conventional incandescent bulbs. LED may typically cost more, but fluorescent and CFL bulbs contain small traces of mercury.
- LED bulbs are durable since they're usually compact in size in comparison of fluorescent bulbs.