Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa, Chocolate (23 oz.)
About this item
- Make deliciously rich hot chocolate, hot cocoa and chocolate milk with this high-quality non-alkalized cocoa powder made from 100% cacao
- Make fabulous frostings, cookies and gluten-free desserts, with this 23-ounce container of Hershey's Cocoa
- Bake with Hershey's unsweetened Cocoa to bring out the best in your cookies, cakes, brownies and more
- This Hershey's Cocoa is OU Kosher Certified, sugar free and gluten free
This Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa is perfect for making an array of delicious, mouthwatering and gluten-free desserts that you can serve to family and friends, or bring to events at the office, school, church and family get-togethers.
What Makes the Best Cocoa?
When it comes to unsweetened cocoa, there are plenty of options for consumers to decide between. Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa is carefully prepared and extracted from cacao pods in order to provide exceptional flavor when it comes to a deep, rich chocolate, as well as work well in an array of recipes from brownies to hot chocolate to frosting and more.
How Is Cocoa Made?
Hershey's Natural unsweetened cocoa is originally made from the football-shaped pods of the tropical cacao tree. There are about 20 to 50 beans in each pod, and these beans are fermented for about a week before being dried. At this point, the beans are roasted and then grinded up into a paste called chocolate liquor. This is pressed into cocoa butter and what remains is then dried into a powder. At this point, it's considered natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
Delicious Fudge Cookie Bar Recipe
Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa is perfect for creating delicious chocolate cookie bars. This recipes makes 48 bars.
- 1 pouch of chocolate chip cookie mix (17.5 oz.)
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of butter/margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup of Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of Hersey's Kitchen's Milk Chocolate Chips
- Heat the oven to 375°F and grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Mix cookie mix and flour. Add 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Press 3 cups crumb mixture into the greased pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While baking, melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter in a saucepan. Add natural unsweetened cocoa powder and sugar. Stir well while adding milk until everything is smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over the baked crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbs over the surface. Add chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Bake everything for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before serving.