Green Bell Peppers (6 ct.)
About this item
- 6 ct. of fresh bell peppers
- Low in calories
- Good source of vitamin C
- Great raw or cooked
Add more flavor to your meals with Green Bell Peppers (6 ct.). They can be enjoyed cooked or raw. These fresh peppers have the familiar bell shape that's easy to slice. They're also not as sweet in comparison with the other red, yellow and orange varieties.
Why Use Green Bell Peppers?
Green Bell Peppers are the perfect ingredient to many recipes. Aside from being an excellent source of vitamin C, they're also low in calories. These fresh peppers don't contain any fat or cholesterol. They store well in the refrigerator and will last about a week. Because these raw peppers retain some of their crispness after being frozen, you can wash and freeze them for later use.
What Are Bell Peppers?
Of the species Capsicum annuum, bell peppers are botanically a fruit since they contain seeds and come from a flowering plant. However, in the culinary context, they're referred to as vegetables due to their savory taste. You can find them in the colors red, yellow and orange, with green being the less ripe of the group.
Tasty Ways to Eat Green Bell Peppers
Since these peppers can be eaten raw and cooked, there are many ways to enjoy them.
- Sauté them in a skillet with sausage and onions
- Slice these peppers up as a topping for pizza
- Stuff them with rice, ground beef and other ingredients, and bake in the oven
- Use them to add flavor to a pasta sauce
- Create a roasted frittata with potatoes, onions, cheese and green peppers
- Slice them into strips and put on a veggie tray with a ranch dip
- Add these peppers to a chicken or tuna salad
- Cut them lengthwise into large pieces, lightly season, brush with oil and place on a grill for a delicious snack