Ferrari-Carano Siena Sonoma County (750 ml)
About this item
This item is not eligible for prepay, however you can still choose Club Pickup and pay for this item when you check in at your Club.
- Aromas of blackberry, raspberry jam, cocoa, toasty vanilla and licorice
- Flavors of juicy bing cherry, bright blueberry and pomegranate
- Sweet oak notes and hints of butterscotch that add layers of richness
- Supple tannins that are soft, harmonious and mouth coating with lovely viscosity, depth and a lingering finish
- Food pairings: savory Italian food, pasta with flavorful tomato sauces or pizza, chicken cacciatore, duck salad with raspberries or oranges, prosciutto on crostini bread
Since 1985, Ferrari-Carano has been a leading producer of world-class, nationally-acclaimed wines. Vintage after vintage, the wines exhibit a remarkable consistency of style and elegance. Don and Rhonda Carano’s uncompromising commitment to quality and excellence is a reflection of their desire to produce memorable wines that enhance the pleasures of gracious entertaining.
Siena is a red wine blend consisting primarily of Sangiovese. Grapes are harvested and destemmed, then hand sorted and fed directly into tanks for three days of cold soaking. The wine is fermented on the skins until pressing, then individual lots are moved to barrels where they complete malolactic fermentation. After fermentation, the wine is blended early for integration of fruit and only racked once to maintain the wine’s fresh and vibrant qualities. The wine is then aged in new Hungarian puncheons and older French oak barrels for 12 months in wine caves prior to bottling.