Cybex Sirona M Convertible Car Seat with SensorSafe 2.0, Pepper Black
Why we love this
This SensorSafe convertible car seat features a 12-position height-adjustable headrest with an integrated no-rethread harness for protection that grows with your child.
About this item
- 5-point safety harness with SensorSafe 2.0 Technology integrated in the chest clip
- Adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection absorbs up to 25% more impact in the event of a side impact*
- Height-adjustable headrest with a no-rethread harness for protection that grows with your child
- 10 position one-hand adjustable recline for the best fit to your car
Introducing advanced child safety protection and caregiver peace of mind in an easy-to-use, convertible car seat—the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0. The newest addition to the Cybex Gold Car Seat family, the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 integrates important safety technology into the chest clip of the car seat to alert when unsafe situations arise. The alerts are provided through a vehicle receiver and the caregiver’s smartphone; and while originally developed to help prevent the rising number of infant hot car deaths, the Cybex design of this technology has been expanded to ensure safety for children in a range of additional situations.
The Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 still provides that essential alert when the driver accidentally leaves the child behind in the car, but also alerts the driver if a child unbuckles themselves while the vehicle is in motion; if the back seat has become too warm or too cold; and if a child has been seated for too long—all through a user-friendly app that also provides guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQ and more. Additionally, the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 features adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System), which can reduce side impact forces by up to 25% when used properly*, and a 12-position height-adjustable headrest with an integrated no-rethread harness for protection that grows with your child.
How SensorSafe 2.0 Works: Originally developed to help prevent the rising number of infant hot car deaths, SensorSafe 2.0 will chime through the installed vehicle receiver to alert when a child is still secured in the back seat after the car has been switched off. This reminds the caregiver to take action quickly, but if the child is still secured after several minutes an alert will be sent to the caregiver’s cellphone through the downloaded app. If the situation is still not remedied, the designated emergency contact will receive an alert with the GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position. This state-of-the-art safety technology is designed so there is no need to reinstall each time you drive. For ease, just keep the receiver plugged into your car’s OBD port to drive with that extra peace of mind. SensorSafe is compatible with most vehicles 2008 or newer with an OBD II port. For some electric vehicles, contact CYPBEX as an additional adapter may be needed.
- Chimes through the installed vehicle receiver if the child is still secured in the seat when the car is switched off
- Alerts through the caregiver’s cell phone if the child is left behind in the vehicle and then alerts the designated emergency contact if the situation is still not remedied
- Emergency contact receives GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position
- Alerts through the vehicle receiver and caregiver’s smartphone when the child has unbuckled themselves while the vehicle is in motion
- Monitors the back seat temperature to alert through the vehicle receiver and the caregiver’s smartphone when the back seat appears to be too hot or too cold for the child’s comfort
- Provides warnings to the caregiver when the child may have been seated for too long and needs a break
- Receiver plugs directly into your car’s OBD port and syncs with the caregiver’s cell phone
- Only one install needed if the receiver is kept plugged into the vehicle’s OBD port
- Helps to prevent misuse by providing guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQs, direct link to customer service and more through the Sensorsafe 2.0 app.
- App can monitor up to 16 chest clips on a single platform
- App download available for Android and IOS