Cybex Aton M Infant Car Seat with SensorSafe and SafeLock Base, Pepper Black
Why we love this
This intelligent infant car seat is made with a SensorSafe harness chest clip to alert the driver when unsafe situations occur.
About this item
- Smart-tech harness chest clip with SensorSafe provides alerts when unsafe situations arise in the back seat
- Side-impact protection absorbs up to 25% more impact forces in a collision*
- 11-position height-adjustable headrest with no-rethread harness
- Included SafeLock™ Base features an anti-rebound design, a LATCH system and height-adjustable load leg for extra stability and safety
The innovative technology behind the CYBEX Aton M with SensorSafe™ offers easy functionality in a safe and thoughtfully designed infant car seat. This car seat integrates important safety technology into the chest clip of the harness to alert when unsafe situations arise. Additionally, the Aton M with SensorSafe™ features Side-impact Protection, which can reduce side impact forces by up to 25%* and an 11-position height-adjustable headrest with a no-rethread harness for protection that grows with your child. The SafeLock™ Base offers an anti-rebound design and a load leg for additional safety while your child rides comfortably in their car seat.
The SafeLock™ Base works seamlessly with the Aton M car seat, offering a new anti-rebound design and a height-adjustable load leg, to provide extra stability and safety. An extra car seat base can be handy for families with multiple cars and/or caregivers to help transition baby to and from the vehicle without the need to reinstall depending on who they are traveling with.
How SensorSafe Works:
Originally developed to help prevent the rising number of infant hot car deaths, SensorSafe will chime through the installed vehicle receiver to alert when a child is still secured in the back seat after the car has been switched off. This reminds the caregiver to act quickly, but if the child is still secured after several minutes an alert will be sent to the caregiver’s cellphone through the downloaded app. If the situation is still not remedied, the designated emergency contact will receive an alert with the GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position. This state-of-the-art safety technology is designed so there is no need to reinstall each time you drive. For ease, just keep the receiver plugged into your car’s OBD port to drive with that extra peace of mind. SensorSafe is compatible with most vehicles 2008 or newer with an OBD II port. For some electric vehicles, contact CYPBEX as an additional adapter may be needed.
- Chimes through the installed vehicle receiver if a child is still secured in the seat when the car is switched off
- Alerts through the caregiver’s cell phone if the child is left behind in the vehicle secured in the car seat and then alerts the designated emergency contact if the situation is still not remedied
- Emergency contact receives GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position
- Alerts through the vehicle receiver and caregiver’s smartphone when the child has unbuckled their chest clip while the vehicle is in motion
- Monitors the back seat temperature to alert through the vehicle receiver and the caregiver’s smartphone when the back seat appears to be too hot or too cold for the child’s comfort
- Provides warnings to the caregiver when the child may have been seated for too long and needs a break
- Receiver plugs directly into your car’s OBD port and syncs with the caregiver’s cell phone
- Only one install needed if the receiver is kept plugged into the vehicle’s OBD port
- Helps ensure proper use by providing guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQ’s, direct link to customer service and more through the SensorSafe app
- App can monitor up to 16 chest clips on a single platform
- App download available for Android and IOS