Bokashi 4 Gallon Urban Kitchen Composter (Various Colors)
Why We Love This
The best looking and most reasonably priced Bokashi system on the market.
About this item
- Long the Asian standard method for recycling kitchen scraps and leftovers
- Uses safe, natural essential microorganisms for rapid breakdown
- Fast developing trend in organic gardening
- Kit includes 4 gallon composter and bottle of accelerator
- Accelerator is 100% natural with no chemicals, each bottle will last 3-4 months
Large Urban Composter- a Bokashi composting/fermenting system from Australia perfect for city dwellers with little or no yard. All types of food scraps are accepted (including meat, fish, veggies, fruit, dairy, coffee, etc). Use with Urban Compost Accelerator and collect liquid fertilizer from spigot. 4 color options are available with very tight fitting lids (low odor and no flies). The large unit is: 4 gallon capacity, 11 x 11 x 16, and weighs 1.65lbs.
Bokashi, a Japanese word for fermented organic matter, is a tried and true process for faster-than-normal anaerobic composting of all kitchen waste–including meat and dairy products–into a soil builder and nutrient rich organic "tea" for plants and vegetables. The concentrated liquid fertilizer is drained off with a convenient spigot and, when finished, the much reduced contents can be buried in the garden, flower bed or compost bin. This centuries-old practice is modernized and made more convenient with the Australian-manufactured Urban Composter system from Exaco Trading.