Augason Farms Emergency Food Storage Kit (1 year, 4 person)
- 19,676 total servings
- 1,821,510 total calories
- 4 person
- 1 year
- Average 1,247 calories per day
How to compare emergency kits for your family and budget
Easily compare cost per serving: Divide selling price by total number of servings.
Easily compare cost per calorie: Divide selling price by total number of calories.
- Augason Farms 1 Year/4 Person Emergency Food Storage Kit includes enough food nutrition for 4 people for a full year
- Over 50 varieties of products in this kit
- Feed a family of 4 for one year
- Over 19,600 servings combine to create 4,380 meals
- Quick and easy to prepare
- Recipes are listed on each can
- No refrigeration needed
- Packaged for long-term storage
- Oxygen absorber in every can removes oxygen and moisture to ensure freshness
- Most Augason Farms items may ship to you in multiple deliveries from the freight carrier
Augason Farms Food Storage 1 Year/4 Person Kit includes (336) #10 (institutional size) cans
Grains, Oats, Rice
- 30 Hard White Wheat (51 servings per can)
- 6 Creamy Wheat Cereal (36 servings per can)
- 64 Long Grain White Rice (47 servings per can)
- 4 Elbow Macaroni (26 servings per can)
- 60 Quick Rolled Oats (22 servings per can)
Soups and Gravy
- 2 Creamy Potato Soup Mix (25 servings per can)
- 2 Vegetable Stew Blend (40 servings per can)
- 2 Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup Mix (21 servings per can)
- 2 Hearty Vegetable Chicken Soup Mix (21 servings per can)
- 1 Chicken Bouillon (921 servings per can)
- 1 Chicken Gravy (38 servings per can)
- 2 Honey Wheat Bread and Roll Mix (49 servings per can)
- 2 Honey White Bread and Roll Mix (49 servings per can)
- 1 Buttermilk Biscuit Mix (no leavening) (31 servings per can)
- 2 Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (45 servings per can)
- 2 Blueberry Muffin Mix (40 servings per can)
- 1 Brown Sugar (529 servings per can)
- 2 White Granulated Sugar (595 servings per can)
- 1 Butter Powder (204 servings per can)
- 1 Honey Powder (340 servings per can)
- 1 Iodized Salt (1474 servings per can)
- 1 Shortening Powder (178 servings per can)
- 7 Blueberry Pancake Mix (19 servings per can)
- 6 Dehydrated Potato Flakes (30 servings per can)
- 2 Dehydrated Potato Shreds (21 servings per can)
- 2 Dehydrated Potato Slices (28 servings per can)
- 4 Dehydrated Potato Dices (20 servings per can)
- 3 Freeze-Dried Sweet Corn (23 servings per can)
- 1 Dehydrated Chopped Onions (217 servings per can)
- 2 Freeze-Dried Broccoli Florets and Stems (28 servings per can)
- 4 Dehydrated Diced Carrots (29 servings per can)
- 3 Dehydrated Cross Cut Celery (36 servings per can)
- 1 Dehydrated Diced Red and Green Bell Peppers (113 servings per can)
- 2 Pinto Beans (52 servings per can)
- 2 Lentils (48 servings per can)
- 6 Black Turtle Beans (49 servings per can)
- 1 Dehydrated Spinach Flakes (45 servings per can)
- 18 Honey-Coated Banana Slices (21 servings per can)
- 3 Freeze-Dried Sliced Strawberries (18 servings per can)
- 3 Freeze-Dried Whole Raspberries (22 servings per can)
- 4 Freeze-Dried Apple Slices (32 servings per can)
- 8 Country Fresh 100% Real Instant Nonfat Dry Milk (39 servings per can)
- 18 Morning Moo's Low Fat Milk Alternative (93 servings per can)
- 4 Chocolate Morning Moo's Low Fat Milk Alternative (57 servings per can)
- 1 Cheese Blend Powder (43 servings per can)
- 8 Vegetarian Meat Substitute Beef (flavored) (40 servings per can)
- 8 Vegetarian Meat Substitute Bacon Bits (flavored) (192 servings per can)
- 8 Vegetarian Meat Substitute Chicken (flavored) (41 servings per can)
- 3 Vegetarian Meat Substitute Taco (flavored) (30 servings per can)
- 8 Dried Whole Eggs (71 servings per can)
- 3 Apple Delight Drink Mix (103 servings per can)
- 3 Orange Delight Drink Mix (99 servings per can)
View nutrition information here. (PDF)
Looking for the right kit? Compare the contents of Augason Assortment Kits. (PDF)
Q: How do I compare “servings per can or pail” to product weight and calories?
A: The truth is you cannot. Serving sizes and number of servings per can are set with respect to government guidelines on food nutrition and recipe requirements for each product. You will find some recipe creations may require multiple servings of specific products to create the recipe. When reviewing food storage kits, a good comparison is based upon number of persons, calories per day, length of time and calculating the total number of meals possible. For example: 1-Person, 1-Year (3 meals per day, 365 days = 1,095 total meals), 1,700 calories per day. Your decision should be based upon average calories per day per person and not the total serving count.
Q: Once I open the product, how long do I have to use the product?
A: Shelf life varies by product and is affected by temperature and moisture. Once the can/pail is opened, the storage life for most products is approximately one year.
Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables: 30 years
Grains: 30 years (Exception – Brown Rice: 7 years)
Bakery Staples: 30 years (Exception – Shortening Powder, Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Enhancer: 10 years)
Dehydrated Fruits and Vegetables: 25 years (Exception – Banana Slices, Potato Gems: 10 years)
Freeze-Dried Meats and Entrées: 25 years sealed - 1 month opened
Delight Drinks: 15 years
Vegetarian Meat Substitutes, Cereals, Bakery Mixes, Eggs and Dairy: 10 years (Exception –
Morning Moo’s: 25 years, Chocolate Morning Moo’s: 15 years)
Soups and Sauces: 10 years (Exception – Vegetable Stew Blend, Hearty Vegetable Chicken or Beef Soup Mix: 25 years)
Q: How will my product be shipped?
A: Most items are shipped by small parcel carriers like FedEx. The larger kits will arrive in multiple boxes from a single carrier.
Q: What do the numbers mean that are marked on my Food Storage Kit Boxes?
A: To facilitate fulfillment of your order, all kit boxes are pre-assembled with specific products, then pulled from inventory to assemble your order. Numbers on the boxes may not be in sequential order. Pail items will be shipped in separate cases.
Q: Why when I open the cans/pails, are some only partially filled?
A: With some products, settling occurs and is expected. Cans/pails are sold by weight and not by volume for that reason.
Q: Where should I store my product?
A: Product is best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55˚F and 70˚F (ideal humidity 15%). Heat shortens the storage life of any food – the cooler the storage, the longer the storage life. Once product is open, please ensure the lid is secure when storing and use within the guidelines.
Q: If a can gets dented, does it affect the quality of the product?
A: SMALL DENTS MAY OCCUR IN CANS FROM SHIPPING, AND THIS IS NORMAL. THEY DO NOT POSE A PROBLEM, PROVIDED THE SEAL HAS NOT BEEN BROKEN AT TOP OR BOTTOM OF THE CAN. IF THE SEAL HAS BEEN BROKEN AT THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF THE CAN, PLEASE CONTACT SAM’S CLUB CUSTOMER SERVICE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE: 1-888-746-7726.
Dents should not occur from shipping in pails. You may however, see indentations in the pail from air pressure changes in shipping. This will not harm the product inside and should straighten out over a short period of time.
Q: Are the cans/pails marked with "use by" dates?
A: Cans/pails are marked with a production date called a Julian date. For example, 17022 means the can was produced in 2017 on the 22nd day (January 22). Each can is also marked with the expected storage life.