Augason Farms Food Storage Dried Whole Eggs 2-Pack contains dried whole eggs in 2 institutional size (#10) cans. Each can holds 71 servings and has a 10 year shelf life.*
- Emergency food storage, camping or everyday use
- Quality long-term food storage products
- Recipes on each can
- No refrigeration needed
- Easy to prepare and use in baking
- Long-established manufacturer
- Packaged for long term storage
- Augason Farms egg products are USDA inspected
Sealed cans, either containing oxygen absorbers or nitrogen flushed, are the most effective long-term method of controlling the deteriorating effects of light, moisture and oxygen on the contents.
*Sealed/opened to 1 year. Best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55˚F and 70˚F (ideal humidity 15%).
Frequently Asked Questions for Augason Farms Food Storage Products:
Q: How will my product be shipped?
A: Most items are shipped by small parcel carriers like FedEx or UPS. The larger kits will arrive in multiple boxes from a single carrier.
Q: What do the numbers mean that are marked on my Food Storage Kit Boxes?
A: To facilitate fulfillment of your order, all kit boxes are pre-assembled with specific products, then pulled from inventory to assemble your order. Numbers on the boxes may not be in sequential order. Pail items will be shipped in separate cases.
Q: Why when I open the cans/pails, are some only partially filled?
A: With some products, settling occurs and is expected. Cans/pails are sold by weight and not by volume for that reason.
Q: Once I open the product, how long do I have to use the product?
A: Shelf life varies by product and is affected by temperature and moisture. Once the can/pail is opened, the storage life for most products is approximately one year.
Q: Where should I store my product?
- Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits & Vegetables, Grains: 30 years (Exception – Brown Rice: 7 years)
- Bakery Staples: 30 years (Exception – Ultimate Gel, Shortening Powder, Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Enhancer: 10 years)
- Dehydrated Fruits & Vegetables: 25 years (Exception – Banana Slices, Potato Gems: 10 years)
- Freeze Dried Meats & Entrées: 25 years sealed - 1 month opened
- Delight Drinks: 15 years
- Vegetarian Meat Substitutes, Cocoas, Cereals, Bakery Mixes, Eggs & Dairy: 10 years (Exception – Morning Moo’s: 25 years, Chocolate Morning Moo’s: 15 years)
- Soups & Sauces: 10 years (Exception – Alphabet Soup Mix, Vegetable Stew Blend, Hearty Vegetable Chicken or Beef Soup Mix: 25 years)
A: Product is best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55˚F and 70˚F (ideal humidity 15%). Once product is open, please ensure the lid is secure when storing and use within the guidelines.
Q: Does heat or cold affect the shelf life of the product?
A: Heat shortens the storage life of any food – the cooler the storage, the longer the storage life.
Q: How do I compare “servings per can or pail” to product weight?
A: The truth is you cannot. Our serving sizes and number of servings per can are set with respect to government guidelines on food nutrition and recipe requirements for each product. You will find some recipe creations may require multiple servings of specific products to create the recipe. When reviewing food storage kits, a good comparison is based upon number of persons, calories per day, length of time and calculating the total number of meals possible. For example: 1-Person, 1-Year (3 meals per day, 365 days = 1,095 total meals), 1,700 calories per day.
Q: If a can gets dented, does it affect the quality of the product?
A: Small dents may occur in cans from shipping, and this is normal. They do not pose a problem, provided the seal has not been broken at top or bottom of the can. If the seal has been broken at the top or bottom of the can, please contact Sam’s Club Customer Service to resolve the issue: 1.888.746.7726.
Dents should not occur from shipping in pails.
Q: Are the cans/pails marked with "use by" dates?
A: Cans/pails are marked with a production date called a Julian date. For example, 12022 means the can was produced in 2012 on the 22nd day (January 22). Each can is also marked with the expected storage life.