5th Grade Jumbo Math Success Workbook: Activities, Exercises, and Tips to Help Catch Up, Keep Up, and Get Ahead
About this item
This super-sized workbook is jam-packed with 320 pages of kid-friendly, teacher-reviewed exercises based on the 5th grade curriculum—perfect for kids tackling 5th grade math.
Success in math requires children to make connections between the real world and math concepts in order to solve problems. This Jumbo Workbook (a $39 value for just $18.99.) is a compilation of 3 of Sylvan Learning’s most popular curriculum-based activity books* and includes 320 engaging pages all designed to help your child become familiar with 5th grade math concepts like:
- Multi-digit multiplication and division
- Estimating products and quotients
- Decimals (rounding, adding/subtracting, multiplying/dividing)
- Fractions and percent
- Operations with fractions
- Measurement (length, perimeter, angles)
- Geometry (plane and solid shapes, area, volume)
- Graphs and data
Success in math requires children to make connections between the real world and math concepts in order to solve problems. Extra practice can help young problem solvers advance to more complex topics with confidence. The activities in this workbook are designed to help your children catch up, keep up, and get ahead. Best of all, they'll have lots of fun doing it. Some of the great features you'll find inside are:
- BASIC MATH: Tic-Tac-Toe - A twist on this classic game helps students develop a solid understanding of factors, prime numbers, and composite numbers. Dueling Denominators Students gain practice determining the lowest common denominator between fractions and then adding them.
- MATH GAMES & PUZZLES: Secret Meeting - Professor Wormhole, a genius scientist, wants to meet in a secret location. Students must substitute numbers for letters using a code and multiplication skills to find the secret meeting place.
- Awesome Avatars: A new video game lets you design your character before you start playing. With choices such as skin color, hairstyles, outfits, and shoes, students determine how many characters can be designed.
- MATH IN ACTION: Cool Collections - Students use multidigit division to find out the number of album pages needed to hold collections of baseball cards, photographs, and stamps.
- Graph It: Students survey friends about books they've read in the past month and use their graph skills to plot the answers. Then they determine the range, median, mode, and mean of their results. Give your child's confidence in math a boost with 5th Grade Super Math Success.
Member reviews & questions
"Membership is required to complete an in-club or curbside pickup purchase at Sam's Club."